Rush makes Billboard's list of Music's Top 40 Money Makers

Posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 at 7:54PM

#35 - Posted 2/26/13 @11:40PM by random_sample [contact]

#34- I thought the same thing when I saw that. I hadn't seen any news to that effect, until this. 500,000 units seems surprising to me. Back in the 80's and 90's it would have been no big deal, but ..now?
#34 - Posted 2/26/13 @9:11AM by chutch15 [contact]

They sold 500,000 physical copies of "Clockwork Angels"?! In this musical climate? AMAZING!
#33 - Posted 2/25/13 @7:28AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#26- I said to my wife "hey check out this version of Subdivisions" she started listening and said "that's different, but not too bad", then the singing part started and she said "what the hell is that?!" It is laughable isn't it?
#32 - Posted 2/25/13 @12:58AM by palidrummer11 [contact]

thanks guys!
#31 - Posted 2/24/13 @7:13PM by MCM [contact]

#22 New season of TMS will start to air in May. Guests have not been announced yet. Can't imagine that Eddie won't at least address the HOF induction... they seem to like him so maybe he'll score some of their time.
#30 - Posted 2/24/13 @6:24PM by BoltFromTheBlue [contact]

And on Sundays I elude the eyes and watching Finding Bigfoot.

I used to watch football. Then pulled the plug after Beyonce.

The BRFO i.e. the Big Rush Fro Organization

thus harasproken like broken spoken hishashe hoda expedia viking vahalla in

te corrupt spelling of serial commas, such as writing and books, and velcommen.

but i digress..last time bubba's book club had suh a surge in cricket chirping links i had to .... tweetle dumb and twiddle my thumber, and one sucker, and another, and another, comma.

I've been suckered.
#29 - Posted 2/24/13 @5:09PM by limelighter [contact]

pali----approve. 2 thumbs up. period. the end.
#28 - Posted 2/24/13 @4:20PM by random_sample [contact]

#11- Good job. I like the choice of song, too.
#27 - Posted 2/24/13 @4:16PM by random_sample [contact]

That's cool. So I'm thinking the $8,700,000.00 or so , that Rush made would be split evenly between the 3 and that this is well after all of their overhead is been covered. So, almost 3 million each. Not too shabby.
Nickelback? Damn..I didn't even know they were active in 2012 ,at all. Hadn't heard anything about them, really. Can't say I missed them, either. Blahh!
Madonna, I do not mind. She's talented. But, I didn't know she was doing anything in 2012 ,either. Some of these artists/bands are a little surprising to me. But it's interesting to see.
#11- Im going to check out your band, now. :)
#26 - Posted 2/24/13 @12:20PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

ROTFLMAO!!! OMG Jupe I just pulled up a snippet of the Omnium Gatherum Subdivisions cover on Itunes and literally busted out laughing when the voice from below the coffin came a rippin in. The instrumental portion was kick ass and then the demon entered the building and I was no good!
#25 - Posted 2/24/13 @11:41AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

I just listened to the finnish metal band omnium gatherum's version of Subdivisions. Interesting version, but the singer always sings in the low growling type metal vocal and it is as far from ged's voice as you could get so it does seem out of place.
#24 - Posted 2/24/13 @11:32AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Great job Jackson! I liked your foot work on the hi-hat when you were on the ride...good time keeping!Good fills while keeping time. Also the snare work at the end was very good.Keep er' going bud!
#23 - Posted 2/24/13 @10:39AM by kjbird [contact]

This thread made me smile -- great to witness all the RIAB love.

Jackson - well done. You've got a true talent with the rest of your life ahead of you. You can do a lot in a lifetime...
#22 - Posted 2/24/13 @10:12AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

Speaking of greatest live concerts, I wonder when Rush will release the video version of "Exit... Stage Left" on BluRay. Does anyone know if any of the concerts from the "Roll The Bones" tour were also recorded and may be released on BluRay, also?

Oh by the way, the Rush Time Machine Tour airs on Palladia TV today @ 6:30 p.m. E.S.T. The 'Progressive Metal' episode of "Metal Evolution" had aired last night on VH1 Classic. Does anybody know when the new season of "That Metal Show" begins? I wonder if Eddie Trunk will interview the members of Rush after their upcoming "Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame" induction?
#21 - Posted 2/24/13 @9:57AM by LanceTheShred [contact]

As did #19 and others, I went to Jackson's Tube station and witnessed the magic of the DW's. Nicely done dude! Promise every prize...........:)
#20 - Posted 2/24/13 @2:44AM by palidrummer11 [contact]

4syrinx, wow thanks!
#19 - Posted 2/23/13 @10:44PM by 4syrinx [contact]

Jackson....Went to your YT station....
Outstanding job on Natural Science. You have a gift young man. Keep working hard.
#18 - Posted 2/23/13 @9:16PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

If you dont own the 2112 & M.P.'s Documentary, somebody posted the "whole" disc
(52 extra minutes thats not available on the TV version) Neil performs a breathtaking jazz solo towards the end. But it's worth every penny to purchase.
#17 - Posted 2/23/13 @8:53PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

If you havent seen, you gotta' type in nickleback pickle on Y.T. - worth a good laugh
#16 - Posted 2/23/13 @8:30PM by palidrummer11 [contact]

broughttoyoubytheletterj:

thanks man!! haha I wish! Actually, i rarely tower over anything. I'm only a little bit above 5'9". They say you stop growing at 18, so maybe I have another half inch or so! But thanks for making me feel tall haha. I have a DW kit at home (the one in the video is the school's, not mine), but I would give anything to have Neil's drums. I'll still need to learn Malignant Narcissism if I want to play De Slagwerker.