Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony fan pre-sale today

Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 at 11:56AM

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#61 - Posted 1/31/13 @9:14PM by rjjr [contact]

#60 - Last year each group played 2 to 4 songs and then they all played together at the end of the ceremony. I'd love to see the FF play along with Rush. Not sure how Christine Aguilera or Jennifer Hudson would fit in...It could be REALLY interesting.
#60 - Posted 1/31/13 @10:55AM by anotherrushfan [contact]

Although I am solidly in the camp of Rush fans who think the induction is meaningless, I am interested in how the inductees' performances work. Does every inductee get to perform, followed by all of them performing one song together? If so I hardly think a Rush song is likely to be performed. Far more likely something like Barracuda, imo. You know... something people watching from their armchairs will know...
#59 - Posted 1/30/13 @10:53PM by smiley [contact]

a possible explanation may that i was standing in line with 6' fence posts, talons were kinda going, this isn't wood... Angels obviously knew RUSH was significant in this life for a long time, gotta love Nature, and the flight was silent, love telling that story peace all
#58 - Posted 1/30/13 @8:42PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Speaking of (#54)...
In the past few years (for the first time in history) Great Horned Owls are attacking lumbermen/operators heads (hoping to surprise attack when hard hats are off)...Scientists that have been observing and studying conclude that the owls definately recognize them as responsible for destroying their habitat/nests
and deaths of their offspring (owlets)

"Fly by night away from here" no shit, eh ?
#57 - Posted 1/30/13 @8:26PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Geddy could just hang stage left w/ his Ricki'...
Alex stage right with Nancy on their Gibson/Fender (respectively)
And Ann could (with ease) belt out "No One At The Bridge"
#56 - Posted 1/30/13 @9:25AM by mcon529 [contact]

Had a revelation last night. First, I saw Rush back in November (10th show I think for me) and then saw Heart for the first time six days later. Clearly two totally different shows, but both equally kick ass rock shows in their own right. If you have ever heard Ann Wilson sing live, you now what a treat it is, she truly kicks ass and Nancy is great on the guitar. With hall of fame show coming up soon, and knowing there is always collabrative tunes, everyone jamming, etc. Well last night I had a vision of Ann and Nancy joining Rush on stage for some classics, and I am now totaly amped up for this hoping Ann will get to belt out some Rush classics? Working Man? Anthem??? yes yes yes please let this happen. On that note, know Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins will be there, got me thinking.... well I've always thought at some point I'd hear Grohl and the Foos cover Headlong Flight, just seems up their alley, so wondering about maybe those guys jamming with Rush on that tune and taking some verses....just seems like a perfect fit. make this happen!!! I need HBO asap. smh....

#Rushon....
#55 - Posted 1/30/13 @9:03AM by kjbird [contact]

#54 - smiley.... my avatar got away from me that day, sorry about that :-) She was just bidding you a fine adieu.
#54 - Posted 1/30/13 @1:40AM by smiley [contact]

love how you all make this blog community so normal and cool at once, the music always inspires, driving this caravan along, so wanted to share a true story, once in a Hawaiian garden, at eye level, a huge owl flew straight at me, thought it was going to take my head off, but i stood still, and it was dusk, could not believe what was happening, just at the last second it flared and landed on my head for about 4-5 seconds and flew off, coolest thing ever, big bird, talons of mercy, angelic time, hope to see you in Austin
#53 - Posted 1/29/13 @11:30PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#52 - Posted 1/29/13 @11:28PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

I had originally considered going, due to the fact that I have been supporting their induction for the past 15 years. However, the logistics of the situation have caused me to reconsider. First of all, I would have to fly from Tucson to Los Angeles. Then, I would have to stay overnight in a hotel, plus I would need to eat out. Then add the cost of purchasing 2 tickets @ $750 a piece and I am looking at spending $2,500 or so. If the members of Rush were being inducted by Robert Fripp, Steve Howe, Peter Gabriel, or David Gilmour, I might reconsider. At the present time, I am far more interested now in seeing them receive the Kennedy Center Honors.
#52 - Posted 1/29/13 @11:28PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

I had originally considered going, due to the fact that I have been supporting their induction for the past 15 years. However, the logistics of the situation have caused me to reconsider. First of all, I would have to fly from Tucson to Los Angeles. Then, I would have to stay overnight in a hotel, plus I would to eat out. Then add the cost of purchasing 2 tickets @ $750 a piece and I am looking at spending $2,500 or so. If the members of Rush were being inducted by Robert Fripp, Steve Howe, Peter Gabriel, or David Gilmour, I might reconsider. At the present time, I am far more interested now in seeing them receive the Kennedy Center Honors.
#51 - Posted 1/29/13 @7:02PM by robertrobyn [contact]

#49
You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#50 - Posted 1/29/13 @3:12PM by kjbird [contact]

#49 - Have a great time! And you're right...it only happens once. If i lived that close, i'd most likely be going too.
#49 - Posted 1/29/13 @3:06PM by mitch18ss [contact]

Just got my $350 ticket. I live in San Diego so I couldn't bear the thought of sitting at home on a Thursday night while RUSH IS BEING INDUCTED INTO THE RRHOF a mere two hours away. Those of you whole are logistically capable but are deciding to pass, it's okay - you can just catch it the next time thet get inducted ;)

Everyone has different philosophies on money but in my opinion, the reason I work everyday is to be able to enjoy things like this. It's surely more than I wanted to pay but 10 years from now, I'll remember the experience way more than the $350.
#48 - Posted 1/29/13 @2:59PM by kjbird [contact]

#47 - FOR SURE Riverbend in Cincinnati (rumors say July 2nd?) but whenever it is, we will be there. Orlando is also a possibility, as i believe we will already be down there with the family, but i will be flying solo to that gig. Grand Rapids is also possible.
#47 - Posted 1/29/13 @2:53PM by michinman [contact]

kj - What show are you going to with your bro?
#46 - Posted 1/29/13 @2:45PM by michinman [contact]

Thanks ladies. Lisa... What show I attend is going to depend on a few uncertain personal and financial matters. Also, all the dates/locations aren't in yet. Since I live in South-Western Ontario, then Toronto, Detroit, or perhaps Cleveland would be the easiest. But I've been wanting to fly to California to reunite with some family for some time and I haven't set a date yet. If and when I do, it would be nice to see them on the West Coast (if they're gonna be there) with my cousins. I'm not a rich man by any means, so I'll probably have to limit myself to one show.
#45 - Posted 1/29/13 @2:24PM by kjbird [contact]

#40 - i like the "crazy" - cool username. Not that anyone is interested in this either, but "bird" is a 20 yr old nickname, related to my avatar in a way. It is NOT my last name.

I will not be in LA, as I will be in the "other" sunshine state across the country where a Mouse rules, but even if i wasn't, I wouldn't be going. However, with that said, I am excited for all those that will be attending, esp. Ed, and looking forward to all the deets to be posted that won't come across on the HBO special in May. So all RIABers; you are OBLIGATED to check in to this blog and share your experiences/observations with the rest of us :-)

michinman-please don't keep your yap shut. Too many people already do that. Keep on being your colorful self (dripping of sap, i apologize) Vanilla keeps things afloat and is sustenance but tends to be boring after some time.

On another note, i was reading one of the articles in the "A Brief History of Time" thread where the writer described a song from Rush's upcoming album (AFTK); "a 15 minute song that talks about black holes"...haha...only 5.21 mins off! Made me laugh. Nothing like reading articles like this when you know the end of the story.
#44 - Posted 1/29/13 @1:41PM by lisah [contact]

Michinman, you didn't offend me., and I totally agree with you on the point that it doesn't mean that much to me either(that is the RRHOF induction). What matters to me is blogging back & forth with fellow RIABers like you. Also more important to me is, attending as many Rush concerts as possible while they're still touring. I can imagine that is most important to most of us on this site. At the end of the day, we ALL just want to spend as much time as possible on our favorite band. How many shows are you going to try for this summer? I'm doing 2 for sure, hopefully, I can talk my hubby into a third one. I'm trying to bribe him by cooking all his fave meals, and whatever else I think might better my chances. LOL! Some chicks will do just about anything(within reason) for this band. They must be really good. RUSH ON!!
#43 - Posted 1/29/13 @12:59PM by michinman [contact]

Absolutely. I wouldn't begrudge anyone who is enjoying the induction. I sometimes get too opinionated and I should learn to keep my big yap shut. My opinion, is just that, my opinion and means next to nothing to anyone else. My apologies if I offended anyone. Am I glad about the induction? Sure. I suppose. I say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Moreover, at the end of the day, it's really not that important. I was actually thinking of attending if I had the chance to meet the guys and maybe get an autograph or pic, but that's not likely, so I'm gonna pass.
#42 - Posted 1/29/13 @11:50AM by lisah [contact]

Michinman, sorry I missed all the colorful banter last night. I just want to say that I am not the biggest RRHOF fan, but if I could afford the tickets,I would go to the induction ceremony. I don't begrudge any Rush fan for going. RIABer's should be united for the bands sake. IMHO. We all love these guys, they deserve this accolade. When all is said & done we all end up together in one venue as Rush freaks. As for your descriptions of your anatomical attributes, I'm sure they are quite lovely. I've been married for 25years, so I've pretty much been there, done that. LOL.. I'm concentrating on marking my Rush calender daily until the Austin show in April. If they would announce more Summer dates, I could start making my summer vacation plans. RUSH ON.