Updates and other random Rush stuff

Posted on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:23PM

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#55 - Posted 2/6/13 @3:54AM by edm2112 [contact]

Really wish a miracle would happen and the boys come back to Mobile, Al. Only played once here during the Moving Pictures tour (with what i think was one of the best set lists ive seen...anyone have leads to a bootleg?)...havent been back since...naturally i hadnt been born at the time...wouldnt doubt that the crowd might have had something to do with them not returning...but guess thats why i got tickets to the show in Nashville.
#54 - Posted 2/5/13 @10:29PM by michinman [contact]

Yeah, gotta love the 'stache.
#53 - Posted 2/5/13 @8:15PM by kjbird [contact]

*but

I am a fan of the moustache era. The chest hair on all 3 cracks me up. Alex has the most bounce in his bobble. I don't know if was an impossibility from a design standpoint, but i would have loved Geddy's hair to be a lot longer. But seriously, no complaints. The set is awesome.
#52 - Posted 2/5/13 @7:52PM by kjbird [contact]

Love em all, put I have to say, Neil kicks ass!! I l
#51 - Posted 2/5/13 @2:25PM by michinman [contact]

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit looney these days. That's great that your bobbleheads came in. Have a favorite?
#50 - Posted 2/5/13 @11:11AM by kjbird [contact]

michinman - u crazy. Hey, finally got me some bobbleheads the other day - they're so fricken cool.
#49 - Posted 2/5/13 @2:29AM by michinman [contact]

Although there is one absolute, objective truth in a all of this I would like to comment on before I retire.... RUSH rules and always will rule all the galaxies of the universe!!
#48 - Posted 2/5/13 @2:21AM by michinman [contact]

It comes down to personal preference which is purely subjective.
#47 - Posted 2/5/13 @2:14AM by michinman [contact]

ATWAS and ESL are like comparing apples and oranges. Different era, different production standards, HELL a different BAND (almost).
#46 - Posted 2/4/13 @11:29AM by jaeger [contact]

Live at the Agora was from a nice show but there is no comparison with a professionally handled recording. Don't know the other one..
#45 - Posted 2/4/13 @7:41AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

What do you guys think of Rush-Live At The Agora Ballroom or The Fifth Order of Angels (or whatever it is actually called).
#44 - Posted 2/4/13 @6:23AM by jaeger [contact]

IMHO, ESL is the better of the two with ATWAS being more important in terms of Rush's success and ability to "do whatever they want.' That is, the ATWAS is more historically significant while ESL is the better on musical terms. Different Stages is also musically great, but doesn't have the ambience it should.
#43 - Posted 2/4/13 @6:05AM by kjbird [contact]

link Looks like we have a winner....but was there ever any doubt?!
#42 - Posted 2/4/13 @6:00AM by nungy [contact]

#41 - Posted 2/4/13 @12:36AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#40 - Posted 2/4/13 @12:34AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#39, I respectfully disagree. I have always found, "All The World's A Stage" to be a much lesser live album, overall than "Exit.. Stage Left." As far as I am concerned, E.S.L. is unquestionably the greatest Rush live album, the greatest Rush album, the greatest "progressive rock" live album and the greatest "progressive rock" album, period.

Hi guys my first ever post here on forum.

Hey I love all their live albums, Rush to me are a 'LIVE' band IMO. All The World is there most powerful performance, they were young, raw and very loud it's my favourite.

Exit - is a more polished and better produced album to me, but lacks the spark of ATWAS so for me ATWAS is their best. God I wish they had filmed these performances to make a live video.
#41 - Posted 2/4/13 @12:36AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#40 - Posted 2/4/13 @12:34AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#40 - Posted 2/4/13 @12:34AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#39, I respectfully disagree. I have always found, "All The World's A Stage" to be a much lesser live album, overall than "Exit.. Stage Left." As far as I am concerned, E.S.L. is unquestionably the greatest Rush live album, the greatest Rush album, the greatest "progressive rock" live album and the greatest "progressive, period.
#39 - Posted 2/3/13 @10:27PM by What-A-Rush

I just read Noisecreep's top 10 "live" albums of all time and I agree: I'd pick 'All The World's A Stage' OVER 'Exit...Stage Left' as well, even though I bought the latter record well before I bought the former one! I remember when I heard it for the first time I couldn't believe how different they sounded back then. I've said it before and I'll say it again: it must have been JAW DROPPING to have seen Rush between 1974-1976, as well as Kiss in that same time period since they happened to pick 'Alive' as the No. 1 "live" album of all time, To many, 'Alive' remains THE Kiss album, period, and understandably so.

Having said that, "live" albums HAVE never and WILL never take the place of BEING at a concert, no matter how much "doctoring" they do in the studio to make the band(s) sound "better" than they really are, or need to be, depending on how you look at that! As good as some of the albums listed are, I'd prefer the STUDIO albums ANYTIME over "studio" albums DISGUISED as "live" albums! Interesting list overall. Check it out for yourselves if you wish. Thanks RIAB.
#38 - Posted 2/3/13 @8:37PM by smiley [contact]

loved the permagrin production drums! best half time show in a long time, beauty nawlins', saw RUSH there at Lakefront Arena, the never to be forgotten sold out miracle ticket from the Halo Angels,)))! looking forward to Austin RUSH soon, love the ticket chases, Been listening to CA everyday lately to work, everytime i get back to it, it gets Better
#37 - Posted 2/3/13 @3:31PM by driventotheedge [contact]

As with the 2010 winter olympics Rush would not play the Super Bowl due to that fact the organizers want the music to be pre recorded

I need more tour date info for the west coast
#36 - Posted 2/3/13 @12:35PM by jaeger [contact]

Fans of active drumming may want to check out Navene Koperweis's new playing while they are waiting for more new from Neil, maybe during the commercial breaks in ...Mother: link