Anthrax's cover of Rush's Anthem now available for streaming online

Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 11:34AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#15 - Posted 1/19/13 @7:08PM by random_sample [contact]

#13- haha! ohhhhh...hadn't thought of that. I guess maybe it is middle aged star man. ;)
#14 - Posted 1/19/13 @2:23PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

If Scott Ian considers 'Anthem' to be difficult, can you imagine Anthrax covering 'Xanadu?' Speaking of which, a version of 'Xanadu' with Garth Brooks done in a country western style might be quite interesting. The point is that the songs in Rush's vast catalogue would sound great performed by great musicians in any style, that is the mark of truly great music. As I far as I am concerned, VH1 ranking them as 75th was a huge insult; even amongst all artists. Rush deserves to be ranked 2nd, just behind The Beatles. Meanwhile, as far as I am concerned, AC/DC deserves to be placed towards the bottom of that list, 75th is far too high for them. No Yes, nor Moody Blues, nor Jethro Tull, nor Jefferson Airplane, nor Heart on that list, pretty much invalidates it. Pink Floyd should rank higher and Michael Jackson should be ranked lower.
#13 - Posted 1/19/13 @1:22PM by kjbird [contact]

#12 - it's middle-aged Starman
#12 - Posted 1/19/13 @12:46PM by random_sample [contact]

umm...is that picture distorted or something? the star-man looks kinda like Homer Simpson, or something
#11 - Posted 1/18/13 @7:29PM by jaeger [contact]

"A non sequitur is a conversational and literary device, often used for comedic purposes." One can hope.
#10 - Posted 1/18/13 @2:43PM by wright166 [contact]

Love it! This is really awesome!
I've never listened to Anthrax before.
I'm going to have to look up the Red Barchetta cover. I love Dream Theater.
#9 - Posted 1/18/13 @2:28PM by cdandrea [contact]

This rocks! Nice touch with the cowbells too.
#8 - Posted 1/18/13 @1:54PM by coachblaschke [contact]

Very good cover... will purchase at least that track.
#7 - Posted 1/18/13 @12:43PM by kjbird [contact]

Respect
#6 - Posted 1/18/13 @12:13PM by stang

What a great cover. That's an album I'll be looking to snag when it gets released. I can't say Anthrax was on my list of favorite bands but I have a newfound respect for their musicianship and the way they kept a great tune intact. The PTB drum salute at the end was nice, too!
#5 - Posted 1/18/13 @12:10PM by CraigJ [contact]

That made my toes explode.
#4 - Posted 1/18/13 @12:04PM by gotpeart [contact]

Wow - that's one of the best covers I've heard of a Rush song. Dream Theater did a GREAT rendition of REd Barchetta a while back as well.

Nicely done! Vocals, guitar, drums - spot on!
#3 - Posted 1/18/13 @11:46AM by snowdog2113 [contact]

This is really good! Far, far better than the covers of Anthem done by George Lynch or Yngwie Malmsteen in my opinion.
#2 - Posted 1/18/13 @11:44AM by G-Man [contact]

Nice going Joey!!!!

The rest of the guys are killing too.
#1 - Posted 1/18/13 @11:39AM by RThompson150 [contact]