Rush Counterparts SACD now available for pre-order

Posted on Monday, January 7, 2013 at 8:51PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#10 - Posted 1/10/13 @6:00PM by April191981 [contact]

i still blame Hisashe Hoda
#9 - Posted 1/8/13 @1:32PM by starscreamsrevenge [contact]

I wouldn't get too excited about this, I emailed Audio Fidelity a while ago and they said it is purely a stereo remaster, NOT a 5.1 surround mix.

It seems most new SACDs are going this route for some reason. I thought the whole purpose was for it to make 5.1 available to the masses?
#8 - Posted 1/8/13 @7:50AM by Will Collier [contact]

Hah... BestBuy is also listing a CD titled Counterparts, in a "Hybr" (-id, I presume) format for release on 1/22/13... except according to the music-expert blueshirts, this one was recorded by Yes. You really can't make this stuff up:

#7 - Posted 1/7/13 @10:25PM by robertrobyn [contact]

Can't wait till this comes out. Preordered!!
#6 - Posted 1/7/13 @10:10PM by Jimbo [contact]

#4 - I must second your mention of "Alien Shore," one of my favorite tracks of any Rush album. Love the lyrics and music, the so, so, so cool bridge and solo. That song grabbed me from the start and never let go (vs. "The Speed of Love," which, for me, ranks just about at the bottom of all Rush). I get excited over every Rush release, but I distinctly remember Counterparts surprising me with it's depth and intensity. It's always worth revisiting.
#5 - Posted 1/7/13 @9:58PM by kjbird [contact]

#3 & #4 - enjoy hearing what makes certain albums special to people. Great posts. Speaking of Counterparts, i've always seen an influence of "Prime Mover" in the song "Cut to the Chase" (lyrical meaning). Same thing with "Middletown Dreams" and "Animate" (in this case, musical parallels).... Last road trip for business i took, i was really getting into some deep cuts and Counterparts was one of those that had me at a new level. Great album.

Vapor Trails is a very emotional, very raw album. It's an album of triumph, overcoming, also has some personal family meaning linked to it. I'm hoping also that 2013 will be its turn!
#4 - Posted 1/7/13 @9:35PM by cpb [contact]

I agree kjbird, but Counterparts has a very special place in my heart. It was the album that came out when my now-wife and I first met and it was her first introduction to Rush (beyond what was "radio common knowledge") and die-hard Rush fans like me! Songs like "Alien Shore", "Between Sun & Moon", "Everyday Glory" and "Cold Fire" have always been easy-to-overlook gems to me! I say that, of course, because I think we ALL know how great "Cut To The Chase" is!

Having said that, I too am on the re-mastered Vapor Trails bandwagon. That was the album that was never supposed to be, and it exceeded all my expectations. Knowing that the mastering is the ONLY problem with the album, it seems obvious that this should be a higher priority. I certainly hope it happens this calendar year!

Cheers to all Rush fans...endlessly rocking another year...
#3 - Posted 1/7/13 @9:30PM by rushman110 [contact]

I'm looking forward to this! Counterparts was my first "new" Rush album after being introduced to Hemispheres, A Farewell to Kings and All the World's a Stage when I was a freshmen in high school. I've always liked it, looking forward to the SACD treatment!
#2 - Posted 1/7/13 @9:30PM by kjbird [contact]

Ok, but i'd be even more excited if Amazon was announcing a release date for a new souped up, beefed up, magnified, intensified, hiked up, jacked up version of VAPOR TRAILS!!!!!

Oh, and The Weapon (Part TWO of Fear)
#1 - Posted 1/7/13 @9:11PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

FIRST UP IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!