Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Rush available for pre-order

Posted on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 2:59PM

#28 - Posted 1/10/13 @9:59PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

2 thumbs up !
#27 - Posted 1/7/13 @4:36AM by anta40 [contact]

Aww, this album is so cute.
Pity there's no YYZ in it.
I guess I'll buy this for my little nephews :D
#26 - Posted 1/4/13 @6:32AM by kjbird [contact]

Hahaha-nice. Like the BBT ref - your new nickname is Sheldon (or Shelly?)
#25 - Posted 1/3/13 @11:55PM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

I laughed.... I cried ... I thought this is just awesome.

When I first read the post I thought "could it be ?", I usually pass over the "cover version" posts listed here, but I had to listen (The only cover album I would totally endorse is called "Working Man" which in my opinion has the absolute best version of Analog Kid I ever heard). Only because I thought this is what I was looking for 20 years ago when my first daughter was born.

Lots of different thoughts on this, but what stands out is no particular enphasis on a particualar "original" instrument (they didn't deflect away from transforming guitar solos, keyboard solos, key drum beat components that tie one riff to another with easy transition). It is well thought out, and yet simple enough for the less than complicated music listener.

I think there are many other applications for this interpretation to understanding Rush music beyond just the little loved ones in our life.

A top 10 list (in a David Letterman format). You can choose to count 10-to-1, or 1-to-10:

The top 10 reasons this music will reach more than just our little loved ones (drum roll in 4/3, 3/4, 7/8, 10/3 pleeeeease, and a gong !):

1) Rolling Stone Magazine
2) RRHOF
3) Stewart Copeland ...bazzinga (Not) !!!
4) the next EVOLUTION in elevator music (Yes, Really !!!)
5) Lots of potential great phone ring tones here
6) Background music in Malls
7) My parents might finally agree to listen to the band I have loved for 30+ years (I did have to listen to their Neil Diamond music after all, and I did like it but don't tell them ;-))
8) I like it when drinking Brandy and smoking a Cigar.
9) If you don't understand it now, you never will. Stick to Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, or Kiss. Another bazzinga (this one is true though)
10) People who choose to criticize everything Rush does or brings to this world, only to complain about it for the sake of complaining.
#24 - Posted 1/3/13 @8:38PM by Lamb Saag [contact]

Rush music needs more slide whistles!!

#23 - Posted 1/3/13 @7:27PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

There is even a xylophone version of the guitar solo on Working Man!

I bought the other Lullaby CD, which I thought was pretty good, but this seems a lot more energetic and something that I could listen to.

AWESOME!!!!!
#22 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:53PM by kjbird [contact]

Jacobs Ladder could have been "xylophone-ide"
#21 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:34PM by kjbird [contact]

I do think AFTK is the best.
#20 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:33PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

LOL! AFTK and 2112 are awesome!! Makes changing the seven shitties of gold in them diapers twice as fun!
#19 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:33PM by kjbird [contact]

So much to say, so little space...first, i'd include Xanadu - if chimes are in the forefront, an obvious choice I would think. Follow up marketing-wise with "Milk of Paradise" baby formula and "Honeydew Puree" baby food. When my 3 were younger, i always wished the music would last longer - why not Cygnus X-1 bookII ....18 minutes of uninterrupted bliss while rocking away in that baby swing.

Besides targeting the baby market, how about all of those friends of ours that don't like Rush/don't understand Rush/can't keep up with those complicated time signature changes?? HERE'S OUR ANSWER!!!
#18 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:31PM by OotS [contact]

You can tell that Rush recorded this album around the time Presto was released since there is very little bottom end. Neil sounds great as usual, great use of the xylophone.
#17 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:28PM by anotherrushfan [contact]

It works!

I fell asleep listening to it....
#16 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:23PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

From the label that makes the baby Rush music:
Says label Vice President Lisa Roth, "First and foremost, we're fans, so we take care to make every album musically interesting enough to satisfy adult listeners. Believe me, making an album that's gentle enough for sleeping babies but won't bore Mom and Dad is trickier than it sounds."

Really? Who'd have thought that? I know for one I find it exciting and plan to play it next time I'm putting down a bottle of Macallen 25.

Chase the dreams of merchandise...
#15 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:18PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

Just when I thought the Rush money grab had just about hit every note....well played Ray Danniels, well played....
#14 - Posted 1/3/13 @5:41PM by Runkerry

My wife is due our second child in February so very tempted. Our first child (little girl) had the baby Rush hoodie! Start them young, that's what I say.
#13 - Posted 1/3/13 @5:18PM by jaeger [contact]

Hmmm, I think Gregorian chants would be better...
#12 - Posted 1/3/13 @4:24PM by ewayte [contact]

A modern day baby, sleep real tight
Hush little baby, don't let the bed bugs bite

--with apologies to Pye Dubois and Neil Peart
#11 - Posted 1/3/13 @3:58PM by CraigJ [contact]

Sounds very Disney-like to me. If I had a baby I'd totally get these to subliminally program them to like good music.
#10 - Posted 1/3/13 @3:46PM by kevin [contact]

This seems much more appropriate for an ACID Trip then playing to my 5 year old...
#9 - Posted 1/3/13 @3:42PM by dianagram [contact]

The album is available for play on Spotify.