Version of Rush's Working Man used in opening theme of Transporter: The Series

Posted on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 12:15AM

#27 - Posted 1/3/13 @10:29PM by kjbird [contact]

Fer sure....so bitchin! Bitchin camero, bitchin camero!!!
#26 - Posted 1/3/13 @2:47PM by CraigJ [contact]

#19 - Like Grody! Bag those toenails!
#25 - Posted 1/3/13 @2:39PM by CraigJ [contact]

#18 - I thing the disjointed / jumpy audio in the beginning is intentional.
#24 - Posted 1/3/13 @2:38PM by conniemack99 [contact]

It's clear that RS is trying to get in the good graces of RUSH fans everywhere. The guy who wrote the review (Sheffield) epitomozes the hipper-than-thou attitude of that rag. It's clear he hasn't a clue of what RUSH is really all about. p.s. have you seen him on VH1? he seriously needs some Crest White Strips.
#23 - Posted 1/3/13 @2:31PM by CraigJ [contact]

OT: That Rolling Stone article about 2112 is utter rubbish. I stopped reading after this: "... is their most extreme, grandiose and Rush-like record, and thus their greatest - the definitive 20 minutes and 34 seconds of the Rush worldview (plus five extra songs on Side Two, which nobody has ever played twice)..."

Rolling Stone is desperately trying to regain whatever relevance they might once have had by glomming on to Rush's continued success. They (Rush) are demonstrating how to release a successful album in 2012, and how to keep being awesome. Only a total douche nozzle would label "Passage to Bangkok" or "Something for Nothing" as "extras" that "no one ever played twice." This wanker hasn't a damn clue and is not qualified to label 2112 as their most "Rush-like record". I remember why I cancelled my Rolling Stone subscription in 1987...

On a happier note I ordered the blu-ray version. Yay!
#22 - Posted 1/3/13 @1:46PM by Tom [contact]

I like it when the version is quite different from the original e.g. that jazz version of Tom Sawyer, or when a well-known band puts their own stamp on the material so its sounds like their song e.g. Metallica and Garage Inc. Working Man is a bluesy song, with the notes contained within the lyrics it matches up somewhat with RnB which is what this sounds a bit like - although high pitched!
#21 - Posted 1/3/13 @1:42PM by CraigJ [contact]

I think it's pretty damn cool. Do I like it personally? No. Still awesome though.
#20 - Posted 1/3/13 @12:59PM by jaeger [contact]

No, this is God Awful: link
#19 - Posted 1/3/13 @12:56PM by kjbird [contact]

Moon Unit Zappa has entered the blog
#18 - Posted 1/3/13 @12:30PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

It does seem like there are some audio problems, like the track is speeded up (the credits roll by faster than I would expect for an HBO show).

So perhaps the actual track is not as awful as it sounds.
#17 - Posted 1/3/13 @12:28PM by Tralfadore [contact]

Gag me with a spoon!!!
#16 - Posted 1/3/13 @11:54AM by dr7915 [contact]

That was God Awful!
#15 - Posted 1/3/13 @11:45AM by jaeger [contact]

It ain't a remix.
#14 - Posted 1/3/13 @11:44AM by jaeger [contact]

I think it is great, simply because it is an original take, rather than some attempt at "heavier" or simply to copy the original.
#13 - Posted 1/3/13 @10:19AM by dinoman [contact]

I agree with Lance and Liver. And, actually, I don't think it was that bad. Would I buy it as a single? No. But it's a television theme song. Relax everybody. Love it, hate it, ambivalent about it, it is still an homage to Rush.
#12 - Posted 1/3/13 @10:10AM by conniemack99 [contact]

Agree with all of the above. Pretty terrible, but agree it is a compliment to the band to be used for this show. p.s. I heard Fate's Warning version of Closer to the Heart on SiriusXM Boneyard last night. Much closer to the original than this Working Man!
#11 - Posted 1/3/13 @9:47AM by Losingit2k

Worst remix of Rush's Working Man I've ever heard. Who allows this crap to be recorded and subsequently released to the public?
#10 - Posted 1/3/13 @9:21AM by LanceTheShred [contact]

#6-Nice WW quote. LOL
#9 - Posted 1/3/13 @8:26AM by drmike [contact]

That was terrible, but I agree it was complimentary. And I'm glad they used something other than Tom Sawyer.
#8 - Posted 1/3/13 @8:14AM by Liverpool 78

I think there were some issues with the video playback, it sounded like it was skipping and breaking up at the beginning however, for the makers to pick a near 40 year old song to work demonstrates Rush's continuing relevance and influence.

I have to say, "like".