Rush's Clockwork Angels tops Classic Rock's list of the Top 40 albums of 2012

Posted on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 1:00PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#11 - Posted 1/3/13 @1:08PM by kjbird [contact]

#10 - YES! I go to one of my pillars regarding Rush; that is they are first and foremost, a creative and forward-thinking band. I cherish their works of the past and always will, but when it comes to what turns them on, it's what's ahead and how can we incorporate the past with a new and possibly different twist. TMT was their retrospective, at that time, and to follow it up with a 'big tour' would have been redundant. There's a time and place, and quite frankly, it's whenever the hell they feel like it. CA is a masterpiece, and adding some 80's revisited this tour, was such a treat.
#10 - Posted 1/3/13 @10:16AM by dinoman [contact]

I have no idea how accurate the source for that "promoters offered big money for a tour based on the band's landmark 70s album 2112" quote is, but it just shows even further the integrity of this band that they said "no thanks" to an offer that surly would have sold out nearly every show and generated much exposure (and would still have been appropriate for integrating some of the new material) and instead went their own path and played nearly the entire new album in one shot and rounded things out primarily with obscure 80s tracks. I LOVE IT! Kind of reminds me of the stories I heard about their predicament after Caress of Steel bombed and the record company was pushing them to do something more commercial and radio friendly. What did they do instead? They made 2112. There's a bit of irony here, isn't there?
#9 - Posted 1/3/13 @12:14AM by palidrummer11 [contact]

snowdog2113:

lol I was wondering how long it would take for someone else to figure that out!
#8 - Posted 1/2/13 @9:14PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

skimmed it quick then read the posts but thanks for clearing that up.
#7 - Posted 1/2/13 @4:53PM by Jennifer

#6: Pfft! You're absolutely right. It's that pesky present tense in "Geddy Lee tells Classic Rock" that made it confusing.
#6 - Posted 1/2/13 @4:26PM by snowdog2113 [contact]

Do you guys not realize that he's talking about CA in that quote? It came following the Time Machine tour. They have referenced another record vaguely in other places so I doubt CA is the last one but that "next record" quote by Geddy is about CA.
#5 - Posted 1/2/13 @3:38PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Next record is music to my ears.
#4 - Posted 1/2/13 @3:09PM by limelighter [contact]

next record. i love it. :0)
#3 - Posted 1/2/13 @2:34PM by jaeger [contact]

Be the band!!!
#2 - Posted 1/2/13 @1:16PM by Jennifer

"We had so many jams on the last tour where we allowed ourselves to freeform a bit. We enjoyed it so much that I said to the guys after the tour, 'Let's try to be that band on the next record.' It feels so essential, and it's what we're about."

next record