Rush Clockwork Angels tour Las Vegas open thread

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012 at 1:58PM

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#41 - Posted 11/27/12 @7:38AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

lisah- I learned something as well. I always thought Neil was born and raised in St. Catherines, Ont, but I guess he was born in Hamilton, Ont. and lived in nearby Hagersville, then moved to St. Catherines when his dad got a job at a farm equipment dealership. Hope you have a great time at your Rush show!
#40 - Posted 11/26/12 @1:34PM by lisah [contact]

Jupe,Thanks for setting me straight on that Willowdale comment. Cut me some slack, as I am mentally challenged this week. Only a few days until I will be in the presence of our boys. I am not thinking about much else, I am never focused on anything else,but the shows in the final 5 day countdown. It is comforting to know that someone is picking up my slack,on this site. Rush fans helping eachother. Gotta love it!! RUSH ON!!
#39 - Posted 11/26/12 @7:11AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#35- Bonjour and y'all in the same sentence? The person is obviously insane!LOL
#38 - Posted 11/25/12 @11:53PM by RUSHHEADDAVID [contact]

I posted three videos to you tube. Still kicking myself, deleted Analog Kid by mistake at intermission. Wish they would have filmed Friday night. Angles in Sin Town. Nah, I guess that would be a crapy title.

RUSH ON!!!
#37 - Posted 11/25/12 @8:04PM by oiler2112 [contact]

I have seen the boys on multiple dates at every tour since Permanent Waves. Can someone please tell me how in the hell they keep getting better, every damn tour? This concert was absolutely amazing. Alex, Geddy and Neil were spot-on the entire night. The strings section added a cool new dimension and sounded great. Alex especially was having a great time and was hillarious the entire night. I had the luck of being about 15 feet away from him and he was cracking me up with his antics. And to top that off, I was able to catch a shirt that Geddy tossed out to the audience. And if that wasnt enough, I got a pic of Neil smiling, which is hard to do as he is always in his zone of concentration, once he gets behind his drum kit. What a night!!!!
#36 - Posted 11/25/12 @7:26PM by RUSHHEADDAVID [contact]

@GraigJ #28... Ha, ha and double ha!!! It has to do where choo choo go.

@lisah #30... I use the,"Three travelers, men of Willowdale" reference a lot of the time when I talk about them Canadian boys.

RUSH ON!!!
#35 - Posted 11/25/12 @3:11PM by jaeger [contact]

There goes another one: link
#34 - Posted 11/25/12 @3:08PM by jaeger [contact]

#27. I've never seen a fatal car accident happen, but they are happening all the time. :)
#33 - Posted 11/25/12 @3:05PM by kjbird [contact]

#29 - you said is sista! I've been a fan (not a groupie, either!) of Rush since 1982. I can talk shop with the best of the male fans all day long. We are still in the minority, which i don't mind one bit. If fact, i think most of us RIAB purveyors could give a rats @#$ about whether fans are women or men, which i think is fantastic. So FAR this tour (yes, i'm still counting on more 2013 dates after June!) i've been to 2 shows and looking forward to more. All is AZ tonight, have an incredible time....would so love to be there! Do me a favor and rock it out for the boys and the DVD - - we want this recording to be energetic!! Rock it out!
#32 - Posted 11/25/12 @12:20PM by GangsterFurious [contact]

@ #30 That is awesome, my hubby and I just caught three shows as part of our honeymoon and I am saving up for more if they come back around next year. Which hopefully they will... my dream used to be to travel to Paris, now I just want to see Rush as many times as possible. :D

Also, there were a whole bunch of women at the shows I went to, with the exception of Los Angeles, which still had a very heavy male fan base and their disinterested girlfriends. However, Anaheim and San Diego had some really hardcore female fans that were there on their own or with their girlfriends.
#31 - Posted 11/25/12 @12:12PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Two boys from Willowdale. Neil's not from there.
#30 - Posted 11/25/12 @11:53AM by lisah [contact]

#29, DITTO!! I for one think it's time for "Rush Chicks" to be recognized. No one can rock like these three boys from Willowdale.I am going to two shows this tour and if I could, I would go to a few more. I guess I'll have to save my money in hopes of some more US dates next year. I plan on doing some heavy rockin' at the San Antonio and Houston shows.
#29 - Posted 11/25/12 @11:33AM by GangsterFurious [contact]

You know... the preview article was pretty funny I'm getting pretty tired of this "chicks don't dig Rush" nonsense. Yeah, they don't sing sappy love songs but there are a lot of us that "get it" and adore them just as much as the hardcore male fan.
#28 - Posted 11/25/12 @9:33AM by CraigJ [contact]

Never mind that shit, here comes Mongo!
#27 - Posted 11/25/12 @9:16AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#26-MeisterJaeger, my brother-in-law is from Calgary, Alberta and in 35 years I have never ever heard him say y'all. I thought it was more of a southern states thing. Hear y'all alot on Duck Dynasty.Also, I find it hard to believe that we're talking about this on a Rush website.LOSERS!!!!LOL.
#26 - Posted 11/25/12 @7:53AM by jaeger [contact]

#18. All y'all is redundant and so slightly stupid, it should be admitted. Nonetheless, the need only arises because most people are clueless about the function of y'all.
#25 - Posted 11/25/12 @7:51AM by jaeger [contact]

#18. People think "y'all" is backward. Actually, since standard English is rather grammatically degenerate (to say the least) compared to most languages, it fills this significant linguistic void. Therefore, it "ain't dumb." BTW, you can also hear this phrase in Alberta, Canada.
#24 - Posted 11/24/12 @10:17PM by CraigJ [contact]

Tomorrow night in Phoenix! Hoping VIP is good to me, and we make it on the DVD! Hitting Alice Cooperstown around 5 or so.
#23 - Posted 11/24/12 @2:13PM by nicodemus49 [contact]

Awesome night. Would have liked the Body Electric but am not going to complain. The CA stuff is magic live. I love the signs they put in the lobby saying pyrotechnics "may" be used. Great week. Hope for more next year.....
#22 - Posted 11/24/12 @11:48AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#18- yes no offence intended to our friends in Arkansas! I was going to say ButtF#*k, Idaho, and no offence to "all y'all" there either. Glad the sound was good last night.