Rush to be inducted into the Guitar Center RockWalk today

Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 9:45AM

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#55 - Posted 11/24/12 @1:12AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

#54 - Nail on the head !

I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Imagine Alex accepting an award at the International DRUM convention. "not gonna happen ........" (John Steward voice)
#54 - Posted 11/22/12 @1:10PM by michinman [contact]

Many of you seem curious why only Alex gave a short speech and not the others. Since, it's a "Guitar" Center event, it makes sense to me that the guitarist for the band would speak, even though all 3 of them are being awarded. I may be wrong, I don't know about the Guitar Center.
#53 - Posted 11/21/12 @7:23PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

And if any of you werent aware
The show in Seattle was F'ing incredible !! I can still see BigAl triple strumming the lead riff of the "Anarchist" with a big ol' smile on his face like it was yesterday !
#52 - Posted 11/21/12 @7:11PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Betcha' Al volunteered the award to keep Geddy's vocal chords at peace...
#51 - Posted 11/21/12 @5:20PM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

#48 - I dont think they were asked to. At least its not on the footage I saw.
#50 - Posted 11/21/12 @3:32PM by SpaceTrucker [contact]

Hey DiceHill2112,

Favorite Scorpions album 'Lovedrive'

The Black Sabbath question is to close to call, 'Sabatage' is an awesome Ozzy fronted record and 'Heaven and Hell is an awesome Dio fronted record. It's two different Black Sabbath bands in sound and era so I have to go with I love them both equally.
#49 - Posted 11/21/12 @1:55PM by DiceHill2112 [contact]

Spacetrucker: what is your favorite Scorpions album?

Also, which album is better: Sabbath Boody Sabbath or Heaven and Hell?
#48 - Posted 11/21/12 @1:53PM by DiceHill2112 [contact]

#36 - "The inadvertant, subliminal attention to detail came when they pressed their nuckles to be sure to make a proper hand print. And thats what makes the difference in their awareness, which separates them from the rest."

Huh? Did they walk on water and turn water into wine as well?
#47 - Posted 11/21/12 @1:35PM by kjbird [contact]

Spacetrucker, sounds like you'll be flying high for quite a while - what an incredible few days to be fixed permenantly in your memory bank. It's rare to have Neil present for special events, so i'm sure you were especially in awe of that reality. Have a great show tonight!
#46 - Posted 11/21/12 @1:12PM by SpaceTrucker [contact]

I was one of the very few lucky people to be present at this event and it was AWESOME! Standing ten feet away from the Gods of Progressive Hard Rock and then getting to stand on the same stage were the boys who only moments before placed their hands into immortality and take a picture of their still wet impressions was a once in a lifetime experience that I will never forget. Saw them play Anaheim Saturday night, attended this event and tonight I will see them perform live in San Diego. RUSH week in SoCal for me was a dream come true!
#45 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:52PM by kjbird [contact]

#42 - great tune, btw
#44 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:49PM by kjbird [contact]

Seeing Ray backstage to the right, i'm sure the boys tried to get him all dirty with handshakes, pats on the back, etc - ha!
#43 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:47PM by kjbird [contact]

First single by ELO - 1972
#42 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:45PM by subdivincent [contact]

I used 10538 for years.. who knows this rock reference?
#41 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:45PM by kjbird [contact]

I like the part where it looked like Neil was reverting back to childhood wanting to make a big mudpie mess of the whole thing before imprinting :)
#40 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:43PM by kjbird [contact]

#37 - yup-i noticed that too. You'd think a little forethought would have been put into that, but as someone stated earlier, the mass is clueless as to form with this trio. Why Alex? I'd say they all looked at each other, and Ged motioned... "Lerxst, you take this one".

For all in San Diego, have an incredible show tonight!
#39 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:39PM by CraigJ [contact]

The standing around after with dirty hand was a bit awkward.
#38 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:37PM by cakes and sparrows [contact]

I think Al spoke and not the others cuz Al's the guitarist, eh?
#37 - Posted 11/21/12 @12:34PM by hannuFIN [contact]

Epic failure as set-up. Ged on right and Alex left side ;) Great speech by Alex, he was maybe quoting Joe Pesci's Oscar speech times ago at first and was leaving almost but then continued after the wows and some more wows went silent.
#36 - Posted 11/21/12 @8:56AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

That is pretty f*king cool pressing your hand in cement by your name. I remember doing the same with my kids when the cement was poured around our pool. The signature bars are also pretty impressive.