Fender Squier Clockwork Angels bass now available at the Rush Backstage Club

Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 4:50PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#11 - Posted 11/15/12 @12:21PM by revchris-therushfan [contact]

As a bassist, let me say, this is purely a collector's item and nothing more. If we keep that in mind, we can appreciate it for what it is. By the way, I own and play the Geddy Lee Fender Jazz. I bought that particular bass, not to sound like Geddy (which is impossible, because Geddy is Geddy), but because of the neck, the bridge, and 70's configuration of the bass. It's an incredible instrument and a fine investment. This new bass... nothing of the sort whatsoever. Again, it's a collectors item for Rush fanatics who have nothing else to do with $600!
#10 - Posted 11/15/12 @8:59AM by flimbo

Rip off of the century.
#9 - Posted 11/14/12 @9:36PM by OotS [contact]

I'm buying 2. One I'm going to smash and the other I'm going to have signed by Bill "the B Man" Banasiewicz, Donna Halper, Kevin Shirley, Praetorian, Rupert Hine, and Howard Ungerleider.
#8 - Posted 11/14/12 @6:04PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

As in dont think it's going to sound anything like a Jazzmaster, but I need not warn any bass players of this.
#7 - Posted 11/14/12 @5:54PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Hopefully sounds better than the 6 string versions of Fenders Squire series
The sound will instantly tell you "you got what you payed for"...
#6 - Posted 11/14/12 @5:34PM by CraigJ [contact]

That was supposed to say that the Ricky is a better deal at $1,900 used...
#5 - Posted 11/14/12 @5:30PM by CraigJ [contact]

This link
#4 - Posted 11/14/12 @5:24PM by daryllh [contact]

And they probably won't accept returns when the buyer says 'I can't get this to sound like Geddy'.
#3 - Posted 11/14/12 @5:19PM by marty from clayton [contact]

That's $250 for the bass & $349 for the Rush logo.
#2 - Posted 11/14/12 @5:18PM by daryllh [contact]

Here's the same bass, minus the 2 stickers that appear to cost $150 a piece. Shipping is also cheaper (like, free)

I'm all for supporting our favorite band but consider spending your money on other cool Rush things.
#1 - Posted 11/14/12 @5:04PM by daryllh [contact]

$600?!?

Not even a Badass bridge.