Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Rush Presto SACD from Audio Fidelity delayed until July 15th
9:27AM EST | comments (14) |

Audio Fidelity's SACD version of Rush's Presto was supposed to have released yesterday but has now been delayed 2 weeks until July 15th according to Amazon. This will be the 3rd Rush SACD release from Audio Fidelity; they've already released versions of both Counterparts and Hemispheres. Like these 2 previous releases, the Presto SACD was mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio. You can pre-order your copy at this location.

Comments

#14 - Posted 7/5/14 @9:01PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#10.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion; I happen to prefer the mellower Rush, with the possible exception of 'Rivendell' from "Fly By Night."
#13 - Posted 7/3/14 @6:25PM by cagster [contact]

Fly By Night got my vote, one my favorite albums.

# 10 In my opinion Grace Under Pressure is a great album, another favorite of mine.
#12 - Posted 7/3/14 @4:27PM by Fear [contact]

Of course, I had voted for "Roll The Bones," by the way. [2]
#11 - Posted 7/3/14 @9:20AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

As far as I am concerned, Rush's studio albums: "Roll The Bones," "Power Windows," "Presto," "Clockwork Angels," "Moving Pictures," "Permanent Waves," "Snakes & Arrows," "Signals" and "Hemispheres" are their greatest works.

As far as Rush's officially released live albums are concerned: "Exit... Stage Left," "Clockwork Angels Tour," "R30," "Snakes & Arrows Live" and "Different Stages" are their greatest live recordings.

"Time Machine Tour: Live In Cleveland," "Rush In Rio" and "A Show Of Hands" are good also, but "All The World's A Stage" is my least favorite of their live recordings.
#10 - Posted 7/3/14 @9:05AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#9.

Yes, even though Rush has their own distinctive sound, Rush still has a great deal of diversity throughout their entire catalog. In my honest opinion, many of Rush's most accessible songs come from their "middle modern period," i.e. that period of time from "Presto" thru "Different Stages." However, most of their fan base appears to like most of their albums from their "Middle period," i.e. the period of time from "A Farewell To Kings" thru "Exit... Stage Left."

As far as Rush's early period albums are concerned,"Caress Of Steel" is my favorite. I like "C.O.S." much more than "2112," "All The World's A Stage," "Fly By Night," or "Rush."

However, as far as I am concerned, their "early modern period," that period of time from "Signals" thru "A Show Of Hands" still has two masterpiece recordings: "Signals" and "Power Windows." As far as I am concerned, "Grace Under Pressure" and "Hold Your Fire" are good also, just not great.

Their late modern period albums, "Vapor Trails" thru "Clockwork Angels Tour" also includes quite a few masterpieces as well: "R30," "Snakes & Arrows," "Snakes & Arrows Live," "Clockwork Angels" and "Clockwork Angels Tour."

Of course, I had voted for "Roll The Bones," by the way.
#9 - Posted 7/2/14 @9:33PM by OotS [contact]

I voted for Presto, but it was really a dead heat between Presto and COS for me. Which is weird since those 2 albums couldn't be more different. It's hard to believe that they were even made by the same band.
#8 - Posted 7/2/14 @7:41PM by CraigJ [contact]

#4 - I voted for FBN, because, well, pretty much the whole damn album except Rivendell and maybe Making Memories (not that I don't like those of course). Also, IMO FBN is the album that made the band. "Rush" launched them, but if FBN had sucked that would probably have been game over. Did I mention By Tor and the Snow Dog? Regarding HYF, I just remember being so excited for the new album and being somewhat disappointed when I got back from Tower and heard it. I have grown to like it over the years, but out of that batch it's definitely not my favorite.
#7 - Posted 7/2/14 @7:21PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Presto is an "okay" album for me. However, two songs in particular, Presto and Available Light, are among their better crafted tunes IMHO. The Pass is also very, very good.

DC
#6 - Posted 7/2/14 @7:18PM by Denny Crane [contact]

cpb @ #4

I voted for HYF and in at a very close second was Counterparts. I have a special place for HYF because of my age at the time and the memories of the album. Good times.

DC
#5 - Posted 7/2/14 @2:46PM by limelighter [contact]

no surprise here. rush stuff always ends up being delayed.

Rush: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Excellence