While touring the Ricky, Julian and Bubbles Community Service Variety Show last year, footage from The Trailer Park Boy's May 9, 2013 performance at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin, Ireland was collected for a concert film. The film was released as a Netflix Original program this past Sunday June 1st in the US and is titled Trailer Park Boys: Live in Fu**in' Dublin. The beginning of the film shows an excited Bubbles tell Ricky and Julian that he has won a Rush internet contest to determine Rush's biggest fan. To enter the contest, Bubbles had Ricky and Julian help him recreate Rush's Closer to the Heart video - kimonos and all - as pictured in this screenshot. Bubbles dresses up as Alex, Julian as Neil and Ricky (with fake nose) is Geddy Lee. A portion of the video shoot can be seen towards the beginning of the film at about the 2-minute mark. Alex Lifeson sends Bubbles a video telling him that he won, and the boys all gather around a laptop computer to watch it at about the 5-minute mark in the film (screenshot here). Alex congratulates Bubbles on the video, but points out that Ricky's performance really sucked. He also informs him that as winners of the contest he and 3 friends will get flown to Dublin in a private jet to see the band's show there along with a $1000 spending money. The film's opening credits then run with Rush's Limelight playing in the background as the guys get on the Rush plane to Ireland. They then get arrested after they land and are sentenced by a court to serve community service by throwing a puppet show discouraging drug and alcohol use. The actual live concert footage is then shown starting at around the 19-minute mark. The show includes a partial live performance of Closer to the Heart and Limelight by Bubbles at about the 1-hr, 10-minute mark. At the end of the film they then play the actual Rush video for Closer to the Heart alongside the Trailer Park Boys recreation as the credits run. Thanks to khrush for the heads up.
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
10$ off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- Rush Rolling Stone cover
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Clockwork Lives
- Rush Classic Rock interview
- Alex Lifeson Canadian Press interview
- Alex Lifeson Renman Live interview
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Rush 2015 Juno Award
- Geddy Lee on VH1 Classic
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- Rush R40 Live tour final show in Los Angeles open thread
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- New Alex Lifeson interview from Spin magazine
- Rush R40 Live tour Irvine open thread
- New book Neil Peart: Cultural Repercussions now available as part of Humble Music Book Bundle
- Happy 62nd birthday to Geddy Lee!
- Ninja Sex Party's 6969 from their new album Attitude City parodies Rush's 2112
- Rush R40 Live tour Phoenix open thread
- Rush R40 Live tour Las Vegas open thread
- R40 on the Road webisode 4: part two of Geddy Lee's bass collection
- Blog Archive >