The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2014 is taking place all this week and kicked off yesterday in San Francisco. In the keynote presentation Apple introduced a number of new features in both OSX and iOS, including some new Safari browser search features. When demonstrating these features, Apple senior vice president of Software Engineering Craig Federighi typed rush in the search bar and Rush's Wikipedia page came up as a suggested location. You can watch the Rush reference in Apple's video of the event online here at about the 28-minute mark and check out a screenshot here (thanks Phil Simon). Federighi is a big Rush fan and also used Rush as an example during an Apple special event back in September when demonstrating to the audience how to make an iTunes radio station.
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
$10 off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Humanitarian Juno Award
- Rush Prog cover feature
- Geddy Lee Speakeasy appearance
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- Rush Fly by Night vinyl and Blu-ray Audio reissue released today
- Neil Peart discusses his R40 drum kit in new video interview
- Rush Permanent Waves 35th anniversary In the Studio special
- Foo Fighters cover Rush's Tom Sawyer in Rio de Janeiro last night
- Rush reference and Tom Sawyer played in latest episode of HBO's Togetherness
- Alex Lifeson talks R40 Live tour in new Q107 interview
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- New Neil Peart R40 drum kit, Lifeson amp and Geddy Lee bass at NAMM
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour pre-sales open thread
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour official announcement!
- Blog Archive >