After nearly 4 years without any certifications, Rush's 2 most recent concert videos were certified Platinum by the RIAA this past May 14th. Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland was certified both Gold and 2X Platinum, and last year's Clockwork Angels Tour was certified Gold and Platinum. A Gold certification in the Music Video Longform category requires sales of 50,000 units while Platinum certification requires 100,000 unit sold. Prior to that, the last batch of certifications they received was back in September of 2010 for their videos R30, Rush in Rio and the Rush documentary Beyond the Lighted Stage. Rush has not received a certification for a studio album since August 31, 2001 when Roll the Bones was certified Platinum. Thanks to John at Cygnus-X1.net for the heads up.
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
$10 off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Humanitarian Juno Award
- Rush Prog cover feature
- Geddy Lee Speakeasy appearance
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- Rush Fly by Night vinyl and Blu-ray Audio reissue released today
- Neil Peart discusses his R40 drum kit in new video interview
- Rush Permanent Waves 35th anniversary In the Studio special
- Foo Fighters cover Rush's Tom Sawyer in Rio de Janeiro last night
- Rush reference and Tom Sawyer played in latest episode of HBO's Togetherness
- Alex Lifeson talks R40 Live tour in new Q107 interview
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- New Neil Peart R40 drum kit, Lifeson amp and Geddy Lee bass at NAMM
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour pre-sales open thread
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour official announcement!
- Blog Archive >