Monday, May 12, 2014

Rush Presto SACD from Audio Fidelity coming soon
10:50PM EST | comments (31) |

Rush Presto SACDAccording to a listing on their website, Audio Fidelity will soon be releasing an SACD (Super Audio CD) version of Rush's Presto album. No release date is given, but the listing states that the SACD will retail for $29.99 and was mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio. Audio Fidelity has already released SACD versions of both Counterparts and Hemispheres. Thanks to chutch15 for the heads up.

Comments

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#31 - Posted 5/17/14 @10:15AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

Or to put it another way:

1. link

6. Permanent Waves
7. Snakes & Arrows
8. Signals
9. Hemispheres
10. Test For Echo
#29 - Posted 5/15/14 @11:51PM by CraigJ [contact]

I think Neil is right. Bravado and The Pass are two of the best songs from their respective albums.

Presto is my least favorite album, but I do like Show Don't Tell, The Pass, Scars, Available Light and Hand Over Fist. They should do that one in concert and add lizards and Spock... I try to like Anagram For Mongo (Mel Brooks Fan) but it just doesn't quite do it for me.

On Roll The Bones my favorites are Bravado, Roll The Bones, Where's My Thing, and Heresy. I know that Dreamline is popular and they seem to like to play it live, but not my favorite.

Both albums sound a bit "thin" to me... And CA sounds way to thick. GuP seems to strike the right balance to me.
#28 - Posted 5/15/14 @4:59PM by dinoman [contact]

I love Bravest Face, "yodeling" and all.
It, in my opinion, is one of the times when one the "quirky" ways Geddy sometimes sings works for the song. Kind of like the "Whoa whoao oh whoaho whoa"s in Larger Bowl. I think it really works and sounds very mournful which certainly fits the tone and theme of the song.
However, I think the "Whoa-oh"s detracted significantly from One Little Victory.

My opinion, that is all.
#27 - Posted 5/15/14 @3:47PM by chutch15 [contact]

Really? War Paint? I've always found that song to be rather weak. "Boys and girls together" - not great lyrics. Not "Virtuality" bad, but not good either. I'm also not a big fan of "The Pass." Never have been.

I understand the split reaction to "Superconductor". It certainly has some cheese, the Rupert Hine-echoed chorus, for example - but I've always liked the main riff.
#26 - Posted 5/15/14 @2:13PM by Micky [contact]

Cagster sucks more than SuperC !
#25 - Posted 5/15/14 @2:33AM by cpb [contact]

"Bravado" is the Rush song Rush loves more than Rush fans and the Rush fans are wrong.

"Roll The Bones" is the Rush song Rush loves more than Rush fans and the Rush fans are right.

BECAUSE I SAY SO THAT'S WHY

dammit
#24 - Posted 5/15/14 @1:40AM by cagster [contact]

I may get tortured here but I also like Bravado, Heresey, Resist, Making Memories, Everyday Glory, Available Light, Lakeside Park, and Losing it more than The Garden. I do like The Garden but I like all of these songs more.
#23 - Posted 5/15/14 @1:31AM by cagster [contact]

Yes but Superconductor still sucks.
#22 - Posted 5/14/14 @10:30PM by chuteski [contact]

I just listened to "Presto" front to back, the original version I bought when it came out. this disk sounds great, especially at high volumes. The Pass into Warpaint into Scars into Presto is one of my neighbors favorites.

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4