Thursday, May 1, 2014

Geddy Lee talks music and wine in new Wine Enthusiast interview
4:18PM EST | comments (32) |

Geddy Lee and some wineThe June, 2014 issue of Wine Enthusiast magazine contains an article where they interview 6 celebrity winemakers, one of whom is Geddy Lee. Here's what Geddy had to say about the connection between music and winemaking:

Making music and winemaking are really quite different processes but I suppose that, at a point, both are dependent on craftsmanship. In music, after the initial inspiration occurs, the rest of a piece depends on your abilities and experience as a craftsman and this is largely what takes place in order for a winemaker to maximize what has grown in his vineyard.

You can check out the entire interview online at this location (thanks rolldaboz).

Comments

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#32 - Posted 5/8/14 @12:00AM by CraigJ [contact]

I'll have a cheeseburger and a beer thanks.
#31 - Posted 5/7/14 @3:20PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

It seems they were the roasted "beet marinaded tofu" couple
#30 - Posted 5/5/14 @5:33PM by CraigJ [contact]

"bait shop red worms".

Does that pair well with a medium rare filet mignon?
#29 - Posted 5/4/14 @8:28PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Because some hearty reds have been described as (among others) "spent tobacco"
and "bait shop red worms"
#28 - Posted 5/4/14 @12:36PM by CraigJ [contact]

because trendy?
#27 - Posted 5/3/14 @10:01PM by OotS [contact]

By the way, what is up with the size of wine glasses these days, it looks like Geddy is drinking wine out of a punch bowl with a stem.
#26 - Posted 5/3/14 @6:45PM by OotS [contact]

I agree, SnA is a very good album as a whole. And, to comment on the original post (Geddy/Wine), I'll just quote Alex Lifeson: "I like wine. It tastes good and makes you feel funny"
#25 - Posted 5/3/14 @1:43PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Hey Oots, love Good News First as well. I think Snakes is a pretty damn good album. Shoot they played nine or so songs off it on the tour so they must have dug it as well.
#24 - Posted 5/3/14 @1:22PM by OotS [contact]

Lots of love for Spindrift in this thread. It never worked for me. It's a 2 song sandwich (Song A = the hard-edged "spindrift, spindrifffft" section, Song B = the pop-ish "wind that will carry me a little closer to you" section) and neither works together or would even work for me on their own. But what do I know, I think Good News First is the best song on the album and it's widely despised.
#23 - Posted 5/2/14 @8:48PM by CraigJ [contact]

#22 - I too must admit that I worked for a flooring contractor for 3 or 4 years. This is why I will never have wall to wall carpet in my house. (pull up enough 10+ year old carpet and you'll see what I mean...)

Happy weekend.