Today marks the 30th anniversary of the April 12, 1984 release of Rush's 10th studio album Grace Under Pressure. The album marked a turning point in Rush's career in that it was the first album where the band used a producer other than Terry Brown, namely Peter Henderson. It was recorded in late 1983 and early 1984 at Le Studio in Morin Heights, Quebec. Grace Under Pressure peaked at #10 on the Billboard charts and was certified Platinum on June 26, 1984. The album's first single was Distant Early Warning which hit #1 on the US Mainstream Rock chart. Here are some clips from the first-ever airing of the Distant Early Warning video on MTV back in 1984, including some trivia about the shoot from VJ Mark Goodman.
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
10$ off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- Rush Rolling Stone cover
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Clockwork Lives
- Rush Classic Rock interview
- Alex Lifeson Canadian Press interview
- Alex Lifeson Renman Live interview
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Rush 2015 Juno Award
- Geddy Lee on VH1 Classic
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- New Alex Lifeson interview from Spin magazine
- Rush R40 Live tour Irvine open thread
- New book Neil Peart: Cultural Repercussions now available as part of Humble Music Book Bundle
- Happy 62nd birthday to Geddy Lee!
- Ninja Sex Party's 6969 from their new album Attitude City parodies Rush's 2112
- Rush R40 Live tour Phoenix open thread
- Rush R40 Live tour Las Vegas open thread
- R40 on the Road webisode 4: part two of Geddy Lee's bass collection
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- Rush Moving Pictures vinyl reissue vintage t-shirt bundle now available
- Blog Archive >