Today marks the 30th anniversary of the April 12, 1984 release of Rush's 10th studio album Grace Under Pressure. The album marked a turning point in Rush's career in that it was the first album where the band used a producer other than Terry Brown, namely Peter Henderson. It was recorded in late 1983 and early 1984 at Le Studio in Morin Heights, Quebec. Grace Under Pressure peaked at #10 on the Billboard charts and was certified Platinum on June 26, 1984. The album's first single was Distant Early Warning which hit #1 on the US Mainstream Rock chart. Here are some clips from the first-ever airing of the Distant Early Warning video on MTV back in 1984, including some trivia about the shoot from VJ Mark Goodman.
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Rush 2015 tour
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- Neil Peart Strombo interview
- Geddy Lee NYC appearance
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Alex Lifeson at Golf tournament
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- New video trailer for Rush's R40 40th Anniversary Collectors Box Set Best Buy Completist edition
- 2014 a big year for Rush books
- Alex Lifeson's Little Drummer Boy included on new The Classic Christmas compilation
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- Neil Peart talks Far and Near in new Rock Cellar magazine interview
- 12 Months of Rush: Mercury era Rush albums to release on Blu-ray Audio and vinyl in 2015
- New Neil Peart news update at NeilPeart.net
- Mercury Records to release Blu-ray Audio remaster and vinyl reissue of Fly By Night
- Rush Fly By Night 40th anniversary vinyl release?
- Rushisaband.com redesign is now live!
- Blog Archive >