Today marks the 30th anniversary of the April 12, 1984 release of Rush's 10th studio album Grace Under Pressure. The album marked a turning point in Rush's career in that it was the first album where the band used a producer other than Terry Brown, namely Peter Henderson. It was recorded in late 1983 and early 1984 at Le Studio in Morin Heights, Quebec. Grace Under Pressure peaked at #10 on the Billboard charts and was certified Platinum on June 26, 1984. The album's first single was Distant Early Warning which hit #1 on the US Mainstream Rock chart. Here are some clips from the first-ever airing of the Distant Early Warning video on MTV back in 1984, including some trivia about the shoot from VJ Mark Goodman.
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
$10 off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Humanitarian Juno Award
- Rush Prog cover feature
- Geddy Lee Speakeasy appearance
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- Rush Fly by Night vinyl and Blu-ray Audio reissue released today
- Neil Peart discusses his R40 drum kit in new video interview
- Rush Permanent Waves 35th anniversary In the Studio special
- Foo Fighters cover Rush's Tom Sawyer in Rio de Janeiro last night
- Rush reference and Tom Sawyer played in latest episode of HBO's Togetherness
- Alex Lifeson talks R40 Live tour in new Q107 interview
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- New Neil Peart R40 drum kit, Lifeson amp and Geddy Lee bass at NAMM
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour pre-sales open thread
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour official announcement!
- Blog Archive >