Jörg Reiche of the Rock Bottom radio show in Hamburg, Germany recently interviewed Rush discoverer Donna Halper to discuss Rush's early history and her role in it. Donna was the music director at Cleveland's groundbreaking WMMS radio station in the mid-1970s, and helped Rush get their big break into the US market when she had the band's debut album played on the station. In this 1-hour interview, Donna talks at length about this early period of the band's history and her role in it, along with describing her ongoing relationship with the band through the years. You can listen to the entire interview below or at this location (thanks Joe P).
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Rush 2015 tour
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- Neil Peart Strombo interview
- Geddy Lee NYC appearance
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Alex Lifeson at Golf tournament
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- New video trailer for Rush's R40 40th Anniversary Collectors Box Set Best Buy Completist edition
- 2014 a big year for Rush books
- Alex Lifeson's Little Drummer Boy included on new The Classic Christmas compilation
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- Neil Peart talks Far and Near in new Rock Cellar magazine interview
- 12 Months of Rush: Mercury era Rush albums to release on Blu-ray Audio and vinyl in 2015
- New Neil Peart news update at NeilPeart.net
- Mercury Records to release Blu-ray Audio remaster and vinyl reissue of Fly By Night
- Rush Fly By Night 40th anniversary vinyl release?
- Rushisaband.com redesign is now live!
- Blog Archive >