Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Vote for Rush in the 2014 Music Express Awards
10:35AM EST | comments (13) |

2014 Music Express AwardsVoting is currently underway in the 2014 Music Express Awards where Music Express readers get to vote for their favorite artists in the Canadian music industry. Rush has been nominated in the following categories: Top Group, Top Compilation Album (Clockwork Angels Tour) and Top Live Performance. Voting will close this coming Saturday, March 1st so go vote for Rush! Thanks to RushFanForever for the heads up.

Comments

#13 - Posted 2/26/14 @12:23PM by CraigJ [contact]

Clockwork Angles - The Obtuse Sessions.
#12 - Posted 2/26/14 @1:03AM by cpb [contact]

So wait: isn't this one of those poll/lists we decided a few threads ago is meaningless? Or is that not true because Rush might win some of these categories?

Speaking of lists and past threads, many moons ago Ed posted an article which ONCE AGAIN claimed Rush had a song called "Time Stands Still". We were all joking about how that one additional letter completely changes the intent of the song, causing us to start suggesting other Rush titles that could undergo a one-letter change to humorous effect. For our Humpday Funfest, I'm bringing that back by changing one letter in the title of each studio album...

Brush
Fly My Night
Caress If Steel
Twenty On Twelve

A Farewell To Kinks
Hemisphered (don't have one for that really)
Permanent Caves
Moping Pictured

Big Al's (ok, two letters so I cheated)
Race Under Pressure
Powder Windows
Sold Your Fire

Preston
Roll The Boner (soz ladies)
Counter Arts
Tent For Echo

Vapor Trains
Feed Jack
Snakes End Arrows
Clockwork Angers

yeah, that's what i got...
#11 - Posted 2/25/14 @9:07PM by Xaromir [contact]

They kinda got their trophy wrong, eh.
#10 - Posted 2/25/14 @7:49PM by LaVillaRules [contact]

I will go with The Diodes cause I'm Tired of Waking Tired.
#9 - Posted 2/25/14 @7:13PM by jupeguy [contact]

Martha and the Muffins all the way!
#8 - Posted 2/25/14 @6:20PM by CraigJ [contact]

Bryan Adams has my vote.
#7 - Posted 2/25/14 @5:06PM by Rubinowits [contact]

Craig: I hope you know I was joking. (I'm really voting for Loverboy)
#6 - Posted 2/25/14 @3:20PM by CraigJ [contact]

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?
#5 - Posted 2/25/14 @12:41PM by Rubinowits [contact]

I'd like to submit a vote for Glass Tiger - way better than Rash.
#4 - Posted 2/25/14 @12:39PM by CraigJ [contact]

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I can't really get behind these types of things. Too jaded I supposed. These all come off as companies trying to sell stuff without actually creating anything, to me anyway. See also, golden globes, academy awards, etc, etc. Whether or not Rush "wins" or "loses" doesn't impact me at all. Just not interested.

Looking out the window, today is one of those gray, gloomy days. Definitely a Subdivisions day. Speaking of which, in the back of my mind I have this aural vision of Alex playing the lead to Subdivisions in heavy, distorted ear-bleeding guitar. That could be a very cool way to arrange that live...