Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rush wins three 2014 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards
12:32PM EST | comments (21) |

Rush Clockwork Angels TourVoting has closed in the 2014 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards and Rush came away on top in 3 of the categories; Song of the Year (The Garden), Best Tour of 2013 (Clockwork Angels Tour), and Best Live Album of 2013 (Clockwork Angels Tour). From the Ultimate Classic Rock website:

... In the closest race in this year's awards, Rush's 'The Garden' took home Song of the Year honors, narrowly beating out Paul McCartney's 'Queenie Eye' by 37.4 percent to 36.8 percent. The song originally appeared on 2012′s 'Clockwork Angels,' but it qualified for this year's awards by virtue of a 10″ picture disc release on Record Store Day.

Their 'Clockwork Angels' tour netted them two awards. Again, they faced a strong challenge from Paul McCartney in the Best Tour of 2013 category, but prevailed with nearly 36 percent to McCartney's 28 percent. Fleetwood Mac's reunion was in third place with close to 16 percent.

And in the Best Live Album of 2013 category, the document of their Nov. 28, 2012 show in Dallas also beat McCartney, albeit a package from his first band. 'Clockwork Angels Tour' bested the Beatles' 'On Air: Live at the BBC Vol. 2' 44 percent to 37 percent. ...

Thanks to Travis B for the heads up.

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#21 - Posted 2/13/14 @8:20AM by jupeguy [contact]

Oh, it's not the speed really so much, I just wish I hadn't drunk all that cough syrup this morning.

I wish I was a loofa.

Have that removed.
#20 - Posted 2/12/14 @1:16PM by CraigJ [contact]

The only way to learn anything is to do it. Now fire the weapon.
#19 - Posted 2/12/14 @10:56AM by simon r

Fame at last-top in 3 categories-Glad the Garden got an award superb song-one of my favs as Geddy says!
#18 - Posted 2/12/14 @10:32AM by jupeguy [contact]

LOL! One of my favorite lines is just one word.

Coordinants?
#17 - Posted 2/12/14 @10:17AM by CraigJ [contact]

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual.
#16 - Posted 2/12/14 @2:50AM by cpb [contact]

#12-14: you guys are MADMEN! When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboys.
#15 - Posted 2/11/14 @5:37PM by WatchmakersDadsDadsDadWatch [contact]

Fellas! I gotta tell you. This is dynamite stuff. I too love 'The Garden' as you kids like to call it. Many times I just like to soak up all that is Jersey, be it the Garden State Parkway, the Garden State Plaza, or sometimes walking out into my own 'garden', naked with a pitcher of Martinis, with the dirt between my toes, roaming the vegetable aisles.

Well I must be going, in the fullness the time the hours tick away and I promised a group of wayward Swedish female Olympic skaters that I met at the bus depot last night around 3 am that I help them find some ice. I've got several trays chilling in the trailer's freezer here. Now if I can just find those highball glasses. Well ta-ta kids.
#14 - Posted 2/11/14 @5:00PM by jupeguy [contact]

Hey Craig maybe we should start a "Stripesisamovie" blogsite? YAA!
#13 - Posted 2/11/14 @4:52PM by CraigJ [contact]

#11 - That's the fact Jack.
#12 - Posted 2/11/14 @4:36PM by jupeguy [contact]

Love The Pass, love The Garden, love Bravado, love Available Light.......love..etc,etc,etc....
3 posts in a row.......I'm out!

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3