An online campaign has been started with the aim of convincing Google to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the March, 1974 release of Rush's debut album on Moon Records with a Google Doodle. Google periodically celebrates certain historic events by modifying the logo on their home page in some fashion to celebrate the given event. These have come to be known as Google Doodles. Although the campaign is shooting for a March 1st, 2014 date to commemorate the release, the exact date of the Moon Records release of the album has been lost to history and is usually just cited as March, 1974. The date of the Mercury Records release of the album had also been lost to history for many years, but some recent detective work by the Power Windows site places it as August 10, 1974. This might also be an appropriate date to use to commemorate the release. While it's a really good idea, very few details regarding who is behind this campaign are given on the group's website. They call themselves Rock The Internet - Rush RFC and announced the campaign via an email blast, although it's also not clear where they obtained the list of email recipients. To let Google know that you support the idea and to share your ideas for the Doodle, just send them an email at email@example.com.
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
$10 off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Humanitarian Juno Award
- Rush Prog cover feature
- Geddy Lee Speakeasy appearance
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- New Neil Peart R40 drum kit, Lifeson amp and Geddy Lee bass at NAMM
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour pre-sales open thread
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour official announcement!
- New Rush.com redesign launched!
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart's Clockwork Lives due in September, now available for pre-order
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- Rush to receive the 2015 Allan Waters Humanitarian Award
- New Fender Geddy Lee signature jazz bass for 2015
- Rush 2015 tour rumors update
- More details on Kevin J. Anderson's anthology of Rush-based stories and 2113 novella
- Blog Archive >