Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Rush's Tom Sawyer featured on ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike show
4:27PM EST | comments (44) |

ESPN Radio Mike and MikeOn this morning's edition of ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike in the Morning, Jon Gruden was on the show for a regular segment where he weighs in on the latest NFL news. At the beginning of the segment they have a listener suggest a song for Gruden, which they call Gruden's Groove. This week's track was Rush's Tom Sawyer and when it begins playing Mike and Mike cheer and make reference to slappin' da bass (from the I Love You Man film) and then Gruden comes on to say, "I got a fathead of Geddy Lee in my office here". You can listen to the segment online at this location. Thanks to Asif K for the heads up.

Comments

Page 1 of 5 - 1 2 3 4 5
#44 - Posted 11/29/13 @7:08AM by winstontizzer [contact]

Not sure if this is off topic or where the thread discussing the CA release is but what a pile of shit it is. The drums sound like they are under a carpet at the bottom of the sea. I was so looking forward to this but its a aural carbuncle on a grand magnitude. Whatever possessed them to authorise this release is beyond me. I have watched it once and I think that is enough. I can only conclude that they dont care what crap is released. Unbelievable
#43 - Posted 11/28/13 @6:58PM by jiminseattle [contact]

jackson, always great to hear from you.

Off to the relatives for much Turkey. All the best to you all today.
#42 - Posted 11/28/13 @6:34PM by palidrummer11 [contact]

Wow I just realized how embarrassingly long my last post was... I was putting off writing my college essays this morning, and then that happened. Sorry about that.
About to leave for my grandparents' house for dinner. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! And to whoever else is celebrating, Happy Haukkah!!

Jackson
#41 - Posted 11/28/13 @5:42PM by musicofthespheres [contact]

THANKS ED!
#40 - Posted 11/28/13 @5:39PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Well put 39, I think the DVD sounds fine as well with my old Yamaha receiver.
#39 - Posted 11/28/13 @5:36PM by grauw013

I'm glad to see everybody's got something to bitch about on Thanksgiving.
Out here in the Netherlands, the DVD sounds absolutely fabulous on my old school Bang & Olufsen receiver. 2.0 . Bass, drums, guitar, strings, everything present and accounted for.

But somebody will undoubtedly tell me they still fucked up. Or my set up sucks. Or my ears. Or my nationality. Or my political views.

Playing The Wreckers now. Sounds incredibly great.
#38 - Posted 11/28/13 @5:28PM by jiminseattle [contact]

TAMA for me. Never played DW's so couldn't comment.
#37 - Posted 11/28/13 @5:20PM by hannuFIN [contact]

Also "the born again jesus muppet the animal" Tommy Clutefos (Black Sabbath, saw last week and one year ago) and one of my all time personal top faves Scott Travis (the mighty Judas Priest, saw last year also), they both do use DW nowadays.
#36 - Posted 11/28/13 @4:26PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

So glad to have been able to see them outdoors at the Battlegrounds last summer
It's been the only way to experience the way CwA's supposed to sound...
#35 - Posted 11/28/13 @4:03PM by palidrummer11 [contact]

And Denny Crane, why have we never talked before?!?!?!?!?!
DMB is reallllllly close to being tied with Rush for my favorite band! UTTAD is one of my all time faves too. I've never met you, but you're awesome.

Page 1 of 5 - 1 2 3 4 5