Today marks the 10th anniversary of the release of Rush's 5th live album and 1st live concert DVD, Rush in Rio. The 3-disc live album and 2-dvd set were released simultaneously on October 21st, 2003. The performance was recorded and filmed at Maracanã Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on the final night of Rush's 2002 Vapor Trails Tour. The album was certified Gold on February 10, 2004 and the DVD was certified 7X multi-Platinum on September 1, 2010. Rush in Rio was Rush's first live album which did not fall into their normal pattern of releasing a live album after every four studio releases, and was also the first to present a single night's performance in its entirety. The video release won the Juno Award for Music DVD Of The Year in 2004, and the track O Baterista was nominated (but didn't win) for a Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance in 2005. Here's the video of the band's performance of YYZ from the DVD:
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
$10 off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Humanitarian Juno Award
- Rush Prog cover feature
- Geddy Lee Speakeasy appearance
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- Neil Peart discusses his R40 drum kit in new video interview
- Rush Permanent Waves 35th anniversary In the Studio special
- Foo Fighters cover Rush's Tom Sawyer in Rio de Janeiro last night
- Rush reference and Tom Sawyer played in latest episode of HBO's Togetherness
- Alex Lifeson talks R40 Live tour in new Q107 interview
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- New Neil Peart R40 drum kit, Lifeson amp and Geddy Lee bass at NAMM
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour pre-sales open thread
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour official announcement!
- New Rush.com redesign launched!
- Blog Archive >