Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Howard Ungerleider talks Clockwork Angels tour lighting in new Live Design magazine interview
10:00AM EST | comments (5) |

Clay Paky Sharpy light fixtures on the Clockwork Angels tourRush lighting director Howard Ungerleider was recently interviewed by Live Design Magazine where he spoke a little about the band's use of Clay Paky Sharpy light fixtures on the band's recently-completed Clockwork Angels tour:

... "We had 55 Sharpys on the tour for the duration," says Howard Ungerleider, lighting designer for Rush. "Sharpys are one of the most versatile and exciting lighting fixtures I've used in a while. I can really get a lot of looks out of them. I definitely work them without over-using them." ...

The article goes on to describe how the fixtures were used in a few specific songs from the band's set including Red Sector A, The Body Electric, The Pass and The Wreckers. You can check out the entire article online at this link.

Comments

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#5 - Posted 9/5/13 @8:21AM by isthatmysandwich [contact]

I realise there are fans out there who would prefer to see a Rush show without the videos or lightshow. I am definitely NOT in that category. I thought the lights for the CA tour were fantastic.
#4 - funny.
#4 - Posted 9/4/13 @2:14PM by OotS [contact]

I liked the lighting better when I saw them at the Coff-in in September of 1968.
#3 - Posted 9/4/13 @10:59AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Three times the article mentions a US tour. HUH! guess the gigs I saw in Toronto and Hamilton were a figment of my imagination.

created a Jacob's Ladder effect and a barricade for "The Pass" hmmm interesting choice of words there.
#2 - Posted 9/4/13 @10:57AM by Runkerry

Great lighting on the tour!

KC was a month ago? You mean they've had a month off! LOL. I think they need and deserve a whole lot more time off. If they just issued CA live and did nothing else, I'd be happy.
#1 - Posted 9/4/13 @10:23AM by mrdriven [contact]

KC was one month ago...such happy memories!

RUSH ON!!!