Monday, May 20, 2013

Part 2 of Chad Smith's In Conversation podcast with Alex Lifeson
7:11AM EST | comments (53) |

Chad Smith and Alex LifesonMusicRadar.com launched a new podcast series with Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers last Monday called In Conversation, and Alex Lifeson was the first featured guest. You can listen to the first of their three-part conversation at this location, and MusicRadar posted part 2 of the interview this morning here. The interview took place a few days before the band's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction over a leisurely dinner at the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, California. In the second installment Alex chats with Chad for over half an hour about the Rock Hall induction ceremony, his painting, his pilot's license, John Rutsey, and more. You can listen to it and read the transcript at this location, or get the podcast on iTunes here. The third and final part of the interview will be posted next Monday.

Comments

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6
#53 - Posted 5/22/13 @2:47PM by jiminseattle [contact]

This thread appears to be dead, what a blessing.
#52 - Posted 5/22/13 @1:05PM by mayfield703

#43 yes it's a big deal because so much of the thread was devoted to comments about Alex smoking cigarettes and they were talking about the wrong thing.
#51 - Posted 5/22/13 @11:07AM by Rubinowits [contact]

Alex has a puff for inspiration? I like that. I hope it's dubois he's talking about.
#50 - Posted 5/22/13 @11:02AM by random_sample [contact]

#47- You may be wise beyond your years (like #49 says), but you're way off base. FYI, I am 43. Just so ya know. You used the words "because we're all entitled to our own opinion"....and that pretty much says it all, doesn't it?
I happen to be a Rush fan- yes. I also happen to NOT be a Rush fan who is fanatical ,obsessive, or weird about them or their music. I have made positive commments about Rush on here and whether you remember, notice or acknowledge that, doesn't change a thing , or mean anything. I am only responding ,because after reading your "lecture", I felt like it required a response.
There are different types of Rush fans. I happen to be a Rush fan who got into them in the mid 80's. (about the time of Grace Under Pressure) Over the years, I've liked alot of what they did ,but I've also not been thrilled with some of it. Several others on here, have made similar comments (MGRushfan, being one of them, and a few others). As I have said before, my comments aren't to piss anyone off. They are directed at either people who might agree with me, or to have an interesting dialogue. That kind of thing. I don't control how you feel. If you get pissed because another Rush fan happens to make a critical comment about the band or one of the guys in the band, then maybe you need to deal with that differently. Otherwise, I am not sure what else to tell ya, buddy. You're only 17. Not like I feel like arguing with a 17 year old (which is a kid, to me). Sorry if my comments piss you off, but hey...lots of things in life can piss you off. This one, is pretty minor. What would be the better thing to do , would be to skip my posts as soon as you see "random_sample", or just disgregard them.
#49 - Posted 5/22/13 @7:25AM by snowdog20 [contact]

Pali, you are wise beyond your years...
#48 - Posted 5/22/13 @3:38AM by Proton2112 [contact]

You know the guys are all right if they use a plate for an ashtray.
#47 - Posted 5/22/13 @1:18AM by palidrummer11 [contact]

random_sample:

I've never seen you make a positive comment about Rush unless it's to defend yourself after making a ridiculously out of line comment, which you do very often. You always insult my favorite band on this website, then about five people will call you out on what you said. Then you always try to brush it off, as if you're allowed to just say anything on here, because we're all entitled to our own opinion. Then you try to convince us that you're not trying to impose your own beliefs onto anybody, you're just stating what you think, and will respect anything we say. Therefore, we should respect anything you say, since we're all entitled to express our own beliefs. Then, you get defensive by reminding us that you're still a fan of the band and have plenty of good things to say, all the while subtly attacking another RIAB member who called you out on your actions.

I'm 17 years old, and I go on this website to talk and share my passion with other Rush fans. I look forward to reading what people have to say on here, so I can finally talk to a bunch of adults after being surrounded by immature high schoolers all day (I do have friends, don't worry). It's nice to get away from the competitive and shallow people I go to school with, and talk about my favorite band with real adults. But I always see you insulting Rush, and it pisses me off. You sound worse than the kids who make fun of me for being a Rush fan. At least they're doing it as a joke because they're my friends. I'm guessing you're roughly 2-3 times my age. Start acting like it, man.

Jackson
#46 - Posted 5/21/13 @11:52PM by random_sample [contact]

#43- See #38.
#45 - Posted 5/21/13 @11:51PM by random_sample [contact]

#40-
I'm not obsessed ,at all. But I think maybe you are obsessed with me!!! LOL, ya weirdooooo!! Lots of people have made critical comments about Rush or the members of Rush ,at different times, and about various things. Get a grip, buddy!! I also make some positive comments about the band and am obviously still a fan...You just focus on my negative comments and OBSESS over them.
#44 - Posted 5/21/13 @10:48PM by LedRush [contact]

I thought the information on Rutsey and Neil's personal life was fascinating. So much better than the first part, and I liked that part too!

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6