Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rush Counterparts SACD released today
8:39AM EST | comments (13) |

UPDATE - 3/6@5:32PM: According to readers Michael O and chutch15, there are some notable track length differences on the Counterparts SACD versus the original release. Stick It Out is 18 seconds longer and Nobody's Hero is 10 seconds longer on the SACD. You get about an extra four measures or so out of each song.

After several delays Audio Fidelity's Super Audio CD (SACD) version of Rush's Counterparts is officially released today. The SACD is now available for purchase through Amazon and other outlets. For more information visit the Audio Fidelity website.

Comments

#13 - Posted 3/7/13 @10:33PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

1993...

"Candlebox" uhhhggg...
"Get A Grip" big suck
"The Battle Rages On" pretty good (for an excellent band)
"Counterparts" yeah...Best LP of 93'
#12 - Posted 3/6/13 @1:58PM by jaeger [contact]

#9 I am with you. Hyperkinetic, man!
#11 - Posted 3/6/13 @1:26AM by chutch15 [contact]

Yeah, a lot of us saw this tour and have bootlegs. Blah blah. Stay on topic.

This SACD is very good. Even though it didn't get the surround treatment, this mix is excellent. There is a ton of punch from the low end and the mid range is very robust. I cranked this up on my Oppo last night and was thoroughly impressed. As much of as a Yes fan as I also am, this beat the snot out of the "Close to the Edge" SACD (released same day).

FWIW, this Counterparts SACD also runs circles around the 24K "Roll the Bones". That album is still tough, especially from a production standpoint.
#10 - Posted 3/5/13 @4:32PM by Rob [contact]

#2 Here's the 3-22-94 concert and some of the released stuff

#9 - Posted 3/5/13 @3:29PM by mark one [contact]

ive said it a million times . this is my favorite rush album from start to finish .if you listen to the lyrics and the music they flow very well together, but thats just me. now you can all tell me how crazy i am.
#8 - Posted 3/5/13 @2:44PM by Mike H. [contact]

Odd choice for the SACD treatment, and I think their statement about it being "the Rush masterpiece of the 90's" is a bit overblown, to be honest. Would have much preferred an SACD of Presto, actually, if they're trying to stay within that general era, but I'll take what I can get. Don't get me wrong, Counterparts has its moments, good and less so, but I just don't see a clear advantage that the SACD treatment gives to it. I'll give it a listen before I pass judgement, though.
#7 - Posted 3/5/13 @1:43PM by vaporsdad [contact]

I believe you can find it for sale on the internets....
#6 - Posted 3/5/13 @12:04PM by jaeger [contact]

Remember Rush Over Brooklyn, the remake of Drones Over Brooklyn?
Now there seem to be _real_ drones over Brooklyn:
#5 - Posted 3/5/13 @10:29AM by oldprogrockfan [contact]

Thanks guys for the updates on this DVD!

Old prog rock fan.
London England
#4 - Posted 3/5/13 @10:27AM by rolroldan [contact]

I believe this dvd is a bootleg? by the way this was my first Rush concert. It was March 22 1994 and I was in spring break from my college in Mexico and visited my brother to Holland Michigan who was working for a Company that was moving into Monterrey Mexico (our hometown). He invited me since the robotics company FANUC was a supplier and they had an executive box in the Palace (with food, drinks, all included). I will never forget my first Rush experience. After this I've seen Rush in San Diego, Scranton Pa, Houston and San Antonio.

R40 6-disc Blu-ray Box Set