Monday, February 25, 2013

Neil Peart and wife Carrie Nuttall attend Global Green USA's 10th annual Pre-Oscar Party last week
11:21AM EST | comments (85) |

Neil Peart and his wife Carrie Nuttall attended Global Green USA's 10th annual Pre-Oscar Party last Wednesday, February 20th at the Avalon Hollywood and were photographed by the media upon arrival along with all of the other celebrity guests. They are included in a number of online photo galleries including this one from Global Green, this Monsters and Critics photo gallery and Contact Music has a large number of photos posted in this photo gallery.

Comments

Page 1 of 9 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#85 - Posted 2/28/13 @11:58AM by kjbird [contact]

I just sent a virtual horse-sized chill pill to all that need it. Now, jump the shark and get to another thread that's current news! LOL

random- a case of Moosehead waiting for you after work. Enjoy it.
#84 - Posted 2/28/13 @11:11AM by random_sample [contact]

#82- Actually, I don't think anyone went "on and on" about Neil's appearance. (I was among several who noticed Neil's very red nose and commented) For me, anyway, the only reason I said another word about it, was to try "defend" myself, when a handful of people on here who act as though they are Neil's brother or sister, or wife...get all upset because some people noticed Neil's nose. Who's "childish"?? Get a grip.
#83 - Posted 2/28/13 @12:36AM by steve k

As I've breifly read some other people's comments here, I am continually surprised at how self-important some people are. I don't blame Neil one bit for not wanting to deal with fans. I really don't. Have you seen fans at a Rush show? The ones who interupt your viewing experience so they can go back and forth for their idiotic beer run all night or the fans who simply can't hold their liquor? Who the hell wants to deal with that? Neil is Neil and anyone expecting anything other than his best performance on a given night really ought to look at themselves in the mirror and realize that beyond making you happy for 3 hours at a show or on record, he owes you or me NOTHING! The fact that some people buy his music or go to his shows doesn't entitle anyone to anything. He doesn't do meet & greets. It's been explained ad nauseum by Alex & Geddy and Neil himself that he just doesn't feel comfortable doing them. I wouldn't either. People are nuts. People are stupid and they say stupid things. I play in a dopey cover band on the weekends for a couple of hundred people which is fun and I enjoy doing that. However, I don't enjoy the drunks knocking over gear, trying to get up on stage or all of a sudden bothering me over nothing. I'm a nobody compared to his fame. Imagine dealing with all of that nonsense on his scale?F*ck that!!! Good for Neil for keeping his professional and personal separate. And shame on those making an issue of what he chooses to do with his life. And if he wants to accompany his wife somewhere, who the hell is anyone to make anything other than what it is? It's not our business!!!! He has a life. You have your. Let him live his life and you live yours. Everybody's happy!
#82 - Posted 2/27/13 @8:34PM by eshine [contact]

#81 - "this case is closed" ?? lol - ooookay.

Anyway - there is nothing uglier, or more childish, then going on (and on) about someones physical appearance - I don't care who it is.

It's gross - and not generally done by people who are sure of themselves.
#81 - Posted 2/27/13 @3:33PM by random_sample [contact]

#74- I don't think it was your post specifically ,I was referring to. But #75 responded quite eloquently to what you said, anyway.
#78- Actually, you don't "have it just about right" ,as far as I'm concerned, but if you did..then your words "caustic honesty under the protection of anonymity" would also apply to YOU ,wouldn't they? Ahhh..the hypocrisy, though. One person says that others are being assholes because they make a few comments , implying they are hiding behind anonymity, but the same person is being critical of the other people (hiding behind anonymity ,are you?).
Anyway...this case is closed, as far as I'm concerned.
#80 - Posted 2/27/13 @11:28AM by Jediyyz [contact]

In sifting through some of the comments here, it seems facts often get lost. This "Oscar Party" was NOT on Oscar night...it was on the Wed. before...hardly the "limelight" of the red carpet! So it seems Neil Peart didn't immerse himself too much in the Hollywood hype.

#78...has it just about right!

Endlessly Rocking!
#79 - Posted 2/27/13 @10:36AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

#75 - Touche. I'm good with that.
#78 - Posted 2/27/13 @10:24AM by Modern-Day Warrior [contact]

Ah, the caustic honesty under the protection of anonymity. What a beautiful thing. Keep in mind Neil probably didn't spend several hours in the make-up room perfecting his war paint like your other favorite celebrities.

It's no wonder Neil doesn't do Meet&Greets. I can just imagine it; "Hey Neil. I'm a real big fan. But you're obviously a heavy drinker, your nose is hideous. You should lay off the Macallan Oh, and your wife is really hot."
Come on, now.

By the way, I hear Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber are hiring cosmetic consultants. Sounds like some of you may be interested.
#77 - Posted 2/27/13 @8:24AM by limelighter [contact]

bottom line-- neil was with his wife on the red carpet because he does not have to deal with fans. thats why he does not do meet and greets. he did do them during hold your fire, presto and bones tours. bones tour was the last time i was with him and was very gracious just as geddy and alex are. after his personal tragedies he was kinda lost, now is opening up in some sorts with the media but not with the fans. i have seen neil several times after that but have lost track with him over the years.
#76 - Posted 2/27/13 @3:20AM by Most Endangered Species [contact]

#70 KJ - Ding ding ding! Well done, I only knew it because my friend was working on that project for Dreamworks in the early stages when Farley was cast as Shrek. Sorry, I admit that has nothing whatsoever to do with Rush although I remember reading once that Michael Myers is from the same Willowdale neighborhood that Geddy and Alex are from. So there ya go!

Page 1 of 9 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9