Friday, February 22, 2013

Rush makes Billboard's list of Music's Top 40 Money Makers
7:54PM EST | comments (35) |

Billboard has compiled a list of the 40 highest-paid musicians of the past 12 months and Rush made the cut coming in at #28 with a total of $8,719,834.30 (thanks Marc-André). Here's what they had to say:

With or without recognition from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Rush fans are tremendously loyal, turning out en masse for tours and ponying up for records, the latter to the tune of more than 500,000 physical units in 2012. These guys are perennials.

Other rock acts that came in higher than Rush were The Rolling Stones (#26), Red Hot Chili Peppers (#25), Nickelback (#17), Coldplay (#9), Dave Matthews Band (#6), Van Halen (#4), Roger Waters (#3) and Bruce Springstein (#2). Topping the list was Madonna with a whopping total of $34,577,308.62. You can check out the entire list at this location.

Comments

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#35 - Posted 2/26/13 @11:40PM by random_sample [contact]

#34- I thought the same thing when I saw that. I hadn't seen any news to that effect, until this. 500,000 units seems surprising to me. Back in the 80's and 90's it would have been no big deal, but ..now?
#34 - Posted 2/26/13 @9:11AM by chutch15 [contact]

They sold 500,000 physical copies of "Clockwork Angels"?! In this musical climate? AMAZING!
#33 - Posted 2/25/13 @7:28AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#26- I said to my wife "hey check out this version of Subdivisions" she started listening and said "that's different, but not too bad", then the singing part started and she said "what the hell is that?!" It is laughable isn't it?
#32 - Posted 2/25/13 @12:58AM by palidrummer11 [contact]

thanks guys!
#31 - Posted 2/24/13 @7:13PM by MCM [contact]

#22 New season of TMS will start to air in May. Guests have not been announced yet. Can't imagine that Eddie won't at least address the HOF induction... they seem to like him so maybe he'll score some of their time.
#30 - Posted 2/24/13 @6:24PM by BoltFromTheBlue [contact]

And on Sundays I elude the eyes and watching Finding Bigfoot.

I used to watch football. Then pulled the plug after Beyonce.

The BRFO i.e. the Big Rush Fro Organization

thus harasproken like broken spoken hishashe hoda expedia viking vahalla in

te corrupt spelling of serial commas, such as writing and books, and velcommen.

but i digress..last time bubba's book club had suh a surge in cricket chirping links i had to .... tweetle dumb and twiddle my thumber, and one sucker, and another, and another, comma.

I've been suckered.
#29 - Posted 2/24/13 @5:09PM by limelighter [contact]

pali----approve. 2 thumbs up. period. the end.
#28 - Posted 2/24/13 @4:20PM by random_sample [contact]

#11- Good job. I like the choice of song, too.
#27 - Posted 2/24/13 @4:16PM by random_sample [contact]

That's cool. So I'm thinking the $8,700,000.00 or so , that Rush made would be split evenly between the 3 and that this is well after all of their overhead is been covered. So, almost 3 million each. Not too shabby.
Nickelback? Damn..I didn't even know they were active in 2012 ,at all. Hadn't heard anything about them, really. Can't say I missed them, either. Blahh!
Madonna, I do not mind. She's talented. But, I didn't know she was doing anything in 2012 ,either. Some of these artists/bands are a little surprising to me. But it's interesting to see.
#11- Im going to check out your band, now. :)
#26 - Posted 2/24/13 @12:20PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

ROTFLMAO!!! OMG Jupe I just pulled up a snippet of the Omnium Gatherum Subdivisions cover on Itunes and literally busted out laughing when the voice from below the coffin came a rippin in. The instrumental portion was kick ass and then the demon entered the building and I was no good!

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4