Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2013 Juno Awards: Rush nominated for Group of the Year and Rock Album of the Year
12:59PM EST | comments (34) |

UPDATE - 2/20@5:21PM: Warner Music Canada in conjunction with The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) will be releasing a Juno Awards 2013 Nominee Compilation album on March 19, 2013, and included on the CD is Rush's Headlong Flight.

... The JUNO Awards 2013 Nominee Compilation album is a not-for-profit project with proceeds going directly to MusiCounts, Canada's music education charity associated with CARAS, helping to keep music alive in schools across Canada. MusiCounts' mission is to ensure that children in Canada, regardless of socio-economic circumstances or cultural background, have access to a music program through their school. MusiCounts includes Band Aid musical instrument grants, the MusiCounts Teacher of the Year Award, scholarships, and other music education initiatives.

You can check out all the details along with the complete tracklisting here.

----- snip -----

Juno AwardsThe nominees for the 2013 Juno Awards were announced this morning and Rush has been nominated for Group of the Year and Clockwork Angels has been nominated in the Rock Album of the Year category. The 2013 Juno Awards will take place at Regina's Brandt Centre and air live on Sunday, April 21st on CTV. Thanks to Paul at The Canadian Music Scene for the heads up.

Comments

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#34 - Posted 2/23/13 @6:30PM by lisah [contact]

#33, Great choices! Deep Purple's Machinehead was a mainstay in my 70's teenage years,. It is a true classic rock album. One I would like to see get some "props", ELP. Brain Salad Surgury, also up there for me. Saw Ian Andersen do TAAB 2 last october. It was amazing, TAAB1, and Aqualung, he still kicks ass on the flute. My husband was just blown away, he used to play the flute, I think I spotted a tear in his eye during the show. Carly Simon has one of the most unforgetable voices, along w/ Karen Carpenter. We are doing VIP for Cincinnati in July,should be a great trip,can't wait, but am really counting the days(59 to be exact) until Austin,my sons first Rush show, hot on the heels of the RRHOF induction. Always enjoy your posts. RUSH ON!!
#33 - Posted 2/23/13 @12:05PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#31 - Posted 2/23/13 @11:47AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

Of those 3 mentioned, I would definitely support the induction of The Moody Blues and Yes also. The Moody Blues were the second "progressive rock" band that I had seen in concert. They were accompanied by a full symphony orchestra and they had played the long version of "Legend Of A Mind" with the extended flute solo by Ray Thomas. The concert was absolutely mind blowing.

I do have one album by Deep Purple: Deep Purple's third album, "Deep Purple" which contains their masterpieces, 'Blind' and 'April.'

As to whom, I think will appear on the ballot later this year, I think that the buzz surrounding Jeff Lynne & his re- release of the Electric Light Orchestra's greatest hits and his solo album, plus Styx's "Grand Illusion/Pieces Of Eight" and "Styx: Behind The Music Remastered" will place Styx on the short list.

Duran Duran has also remained in the spot light recently. The fact that Rush, amongst others, had been influenced by many of the so-called "new wave" bands during their "synthesizer era," which I like to refer to as their "art rock" period from "Signals" thru "Roll The Bones" might also lead to a nomination for Duran Duran.

Of the aforementioned artists, if given a choice of 5, I would select: The Moody Blues, Yes, Duran Duran, Styx & E.L.O. for the fan ballot.

Of course, I would also endorse Carly Simon, Jethro Tull and Procol Harum.
#32 - Posted 2/23/13 @11:56AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

13. E.L.O., Jeff Lynne
14. The Cars
15. Procol Harum
16. Chicago

Posted by Enigmaticus on Sunday, 02.3.13 @ 14:19pm
#31 - Posted 2/23/13 @11:47AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

Duran Duran has also remained in the spot light recently. The fact that Rush, amongst others, had been influenced by many of the so-called "new wave" bands during their "synthesizer era," which I like to refer to as their "art rock" period from "Signals" thru "Roll The Bones might also lead to a nomination for Duran Duran.
#30 - Posted 2/21/13 @11:14AM by lisah [contact]

#28,Limelighter, I am not a huge Kiss fan, although I do get a kick out of watching "Family Jewels" on A&E. I would, however, rather see Kiss get in than some of the other "so-called rock acts" that have already been inducted. I do think that Kiss is a big part of the history of rock. Their fans,"the kiss army", are just as passionate about them,as Rush fans are about Rush. Yes, they should be inducted.
#29 - Posted 2/21/13 @11:08AM by lisah [contact]

#27, All the bands would be great. Depends on how many choices I could have per year. Not a huge ELO fan, but their music was very prevalent when I was in college, but after that, I haven't listened to them. To pick 3, Yes, Deep Purple, Moody Blues. RRHOF Blue-Ray, only the Rush, Heart portions.
#28 - Posted 2/21/13 @10:28AM by limelighter [contact]

what about KISS???
#27 - Posted 2/21/13 @9:04AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

Regarding award shows, do you think that there will be a BluRay release of the 2014 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony? After Rush is inducted, which acts will you support for nomination and possibly induction in 2014? I wonder how many fans of Rush, are also fans of The Moody Blues, Styx, Yes, Jethro Tull, Electric Light Orchestra, Duran Duran, Procol Harum, Deep Purple, Chicago, Kansas, King Crimson, Supertramp? Whom will you support on next year's ballot?
#26 - Posted 2/20/13 @8:47PM by kjbird [contact]

#25 - i bet you'd understand both; one you just have to get through the perceived entrapments. Which one may surprise you.
#25 - Posted 2/20/13 @6:22PM by BoltFromTheBlue [contact]

i understand poor people

i don't understand rich people

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4