Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Autographed Geddy Lee Jazz Bass for sale to benefit the Fender Music Foundation charity
1:18PM EST | comments (16) |

Escrow.com is selling an autographed bass guitar signed by all three members of Rush with all proceeds going to benefit The Fender Music Foundation charity. The black Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass is listed for sale on Reverb.com through January 28th, and you can buy it immediately for $15,000 or make your best offer. The bass will also be on display at the Fender Music Foundation table at this weekend's NAMM Show in Anaheim.

Comments

#16 - Posted 1/24/13 @6:29AM by jaeger [contact]

Nice that you can just buy it outright!
#15 - Posted 1/23/13 @9:16PM by lisah [contact]

Kj, Great line from, I Love You Man!,
#14 - Posted 1/23/13 @8:53PM by kjbird [contact]

Slappin' da bass
#13 - Posted 1/23/13 @8:44PM by Son of a Mitch [contact]

#11,

Neil signed Peter's doobla-neck, remember?! :P
#12 - Posted 1/23/13 @7:08PM by smiley [contact]

rush radio.org, like a keel, /was fortunate enough to play tuba as a kid, loved some bass clef, so the bass is strangely familiar, the low end i guess, always wished to play those percussion toys on the right though, so close and so far away, cool being so close to it though, really learned to count those long pauses
#11 - Posted 1/23/13 @6:53PM by limelighter [contact]

how strange it is to have neil's signature on a guitar? seems odd to me.
#10 - Posted 1/23/13 @5:36PM by Rob [contact]

I think it would be really cool if Ged would have played this bass on a gig first, then signed it.

Might get a higher price for it.
#9 - Posted 1/23/13 @3:02PM by Surfguy [contact]

I've always hated the idea of signed, new instruments. You can either play it and the signatures will wear off. Or, put it in a display case and waste a perfectly good guitar. But, they usually use cheap guitars that noone would want to play. This isn't exactly a bass that falls in that category. I would want to play that sucker. I guess you could seal the signatures somehow and still play it. I'm sure someone has done that.

Can you'll sign my Fender Squire while I'm here? ;)
#8 - Posted 1/23/13 @2:07PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Thanks for the link kj!!(he said facetiously) Doors of all kinds are safe nowadays...I've mellowed in my middle age, although I still do get fired up now and again defending "the boys".
#7 - Posted 1/23/13 @1:52PM by kjbird [contact]

link I take it this may put you over the top. Get away from any oak doors stat.

Rush FAQ: All That's Left To Know About Rock's Greatest Power Trio