Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Rush available for pre-order
2:59PM EST | comments (28) |

Rockabye Baby! is a record label that releases CDs of popular rock bands' music transformed into lullaby music for babies and parents. They'll be releasing a CD of lullaby renditions of Rush songs on Tuesday, January 29th. The CD contains lullaby versions of 12 Rush classics including Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Limelight and more. You can listen to preview clips of all 12 tracks online at this location and pre-order your copy on Amazon here.

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#28 - Posted 1/10/13 @9:59PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

2 thumbs up !
#27 - Posted 1/7/13 @4:36AM by anta40 [contact]

Aww, this album is so cute.
Pity there's no YYZ in it.
I guess I'll buy this for my little nephews :D
#26 - Posted 1/4/13 @6:32AM by kjbird [contact]

Hahaha-nice. Like the BBT ref - your new nickname is Sheldon (or Shelly?)
#25 - Posted 1/3/13 @11:55PM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

I laughed.... I cried ... I thought this is just awesome.

When I first read the post I thought "could it be ?", I usually pass over the "cover version" posts listed here, but I had to listen (The only cover album I would totally endorse is called "Working Man" which in my opinion has the absolute best version of Analog Kid I ever heard). Only because I thought this is what I was looking for 20 years ago when my first daughter was born.

Lots of different thoughts on this, but what stands out is no particular enphasis on a particualar "original" instrument (they didn't deflect away from transforming guitar solos, keyboard solos, key drum beat components that tie one riff to another with easy transition). It is well thought out, and yet simple enough for the less than complicated music listener.

I think there are many other applications for this interpretation to understanding Rush music beyond just the little loved ones in our life.

A top 10 list (in a David Letterman format). You can choose to count 10-to-1, or 1-to-10:

The top 10 reasons this music will reach more than just our little loved ones (drum roll in 4/3, 3/4, 7/8, 10/3 pleeeeease, and a gong !):

1) Rolling Stone Magazine
2) RRHOF
3) Stewart Copeland ...bazzinga (Not) !!!
4) the next EVOLUTION in elevator music (Yes, Really !!!)
5) Lots of potential great phone ring tones here
6) Background music in Malls
7) My parents might finally agree to listen to the band I have loved for 30+ years (I did have to listen to their Neil Diamond music after all, and I did like it but don't tell them ;-))
8) I like it when drinking Brandy and smoking a Cigar.
9) If you don't understand it now, you never will. Stick to Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, or Kiss. Another bazzinga (this one is true though)
10) People who choose to criticize everything Rush does or brings to this world, only to complain about it for the sake of complaining.
#24 - Posted 1/3/13 @8:38PM by Lamb Saag [contact]

Rush music needs more slide whistles!!

#23 - Posted 1/3/13 @7:27PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

There is even a xylophone version of the guitar solo on Working Man!

I bought the other Lullaby CD, which I thought was pretty good, but this seems a lot more energetic and something that I could listen to.

AWESOME!!!!!
#22 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:53PM by kjbird [contact]

Jacobs Ladder could have been "xylophone-ide"
#21 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:34PM by kjbird [contact]

I do think AFTK is the best.
#20 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:33PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

LOL! AFTK and 2112 are awesome!! Makes changing the seven shitties of gold in them diapers twice as fun!
#19 - Posted 1/3/13 @6:33PM by kjbird [contact]

So much to say, so little space...first, i'd include Xanadu - if chimes are in the forefront, an obvious choice I would think. Follow up marketing-wise with "Milk of Paradise" baby formula and "Honeydew Puree" baby food. When my 3 were younger, i always wished the music would last longer - why not Cygnus X-1 bookII ....18 minutes of uninterrupted bliss while rocking away in that baby swing.

Besides targeting the baby market, how about all of those friends of ours that don't like Rush/don't understand Rush/can't keep up with those complicated time signature changes?? HERE'S OUR ANSWER!!!

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3