Sunday, December 9, 2012

Wine expert Mark Oldman interviews Alex Lifeson
5:07PM EST | comments (21) |

In celebration of Rush's impending announcement (hopefully) as Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees this coming Tuesday, wine expert Mark Oldman has posted more of his 2010 video interview with Alex Lifeson from inside the Lifeson wine cellar. You can watch the interview below or at this location. From Oldman's website:

Mere days before we learn if legendary rockers RUSH will finally be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Mark provides another exclusive glimpse into the diverse wine cellar of guru guitarist Alex Lifeson. Alex reveals his penchant for Syrah-based reds from Australia and France, Madeira from Portugal, and even Aquavit from Scandinavia. ...

Alex Lifeson along with dozens of other celebrity wine lovers are featured in Oldman's 2010 book Oldman's Brave New World of Wine where they discuss their favorite wines and wine-based experiences.

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#21 - Posted 12/11/12 @9:45AM by kevin [contact]

I just can't see Rush getting in, the Voters are the so-called Music Industry intelligentsia that has always dismissed the band in the first place. If you look at the actual voters its hard to see how they get enough votes.
#20 - Posted 12/11/12 @1:56AM by michinman [contact]

sitting bull... I appreciate the update but to be honest, I'm gonna be so glad when this HOF crap is over. The very fact that I'm even addressing it goes to show that it's gotten under the skin of even the most uncaring fan. But when they're finally inducted and the folks at the HOF can wallow in self-congratulation, we can get back to what's important, and that's the new material and/or the new tour. The HOF can lick my b****.
#19 - Posted 12/10/12 @9:39PM by sitting bull [contact]

It just leaked that Donna Summer is in HOF. I'm almost rooting for a snub so I can continue to dismiss this joke entity. I followed the link to the idiot critic in MN who didn't vote for Rush. I'm sure some voting members are insulted by the fan's wille counting as even one vote. But it takes a special kind of arrogance to vote for four acts (Newmann, PE, NWA, Kraftwerk) that received less than 5% each in the fan balloting.
#18 - Posted 12/10/12 @9:36PM by rcrothert [contact]

Unrelated note Donna Halper has a nice article on How to be a skeptical news consumer.
In the latest issue of skeptic magazine.
#17 - Posted 12/10/12 @5:55PM by RUSHHEADDAVID [contact]

Off topic... Just got off the phone with a VIP Nation member. I said my package has failed to arrive as of yet. He ask what show and date. Said Rush, and November 23rd. He said that their supplier had trouble with the merchandise, and they are just now sending out the October dates. So to expect the November dates within a few week or so, and to call back each week to check-in. I said to him, "the people you work for handled this so badly, and I know it's not your fault". I'll have to re-think the VIP deal on the next go around.

RUSH ON!!!
#16 - Posted 12/10/12 @1:19PM by nlb [contact]

Two things i dream of having one day.

1 Neil's Drumset

2 Geddy or Alex's wine cellar
#15 - Posted 12/10/12 @12:55PM by Liverpool 78

#13 - Liverpool 78 was when and where I first saw Rush live.

Liver.
#14 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:53AM by jaeger [contact]

All hail the Prince of Wales!
#13 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:50AM by simon r

No 10 -is it Liverpool 78 because of the European cup win by Kenny or are you that young? I was at the final then and Rome 77-good times. You will enjoy the tour in May-I saw 4 shows in the states-superb.
Seems us brits are hogging these pages now.
For those about to drink we salute them.
#12 - Posted 12/10/12 @11:43AM by jaeger [contact]

What about his bud collection?

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3