Sunday, December 2, 2012

Neil Peart Jet City Stream interview now online
5:51PM EST | comments (26) |

Jet City StreamEarlier today at 9AM PST (12PM EST) Seattle-based digital radio station Jet City Stream aired a new interview with Neil Peart conducted by Michael Shrieve for his Notes from the Field program. The interview took place backstage at Seattle's Key Arena when Rush played there last month. Michael chats with Neil for 40 minutes about music, drums, life, books and more. The interview is now available for listening on SoundCloud and you can listen to it below or at this location (thanks RushFanForever).

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#26 - Posted 12/5/12 @5:40PM by nodrush [contact]

Neil kills me,for such a private person, he sure seems to be very social.
#25 - Posted 12/4/12 @10:31PM by ProudXXfan [contact]

Neil's love and enthusiasm for his craft is evident -- and so inspiring. I love when he gets talking (and talking and talking) about his instrument, his travels, and his observations of humanity.

To think about all he has been through, and then to have an interview like this makes me overwhelmingly happy and optimistic. Thank you, Neil!
#24 - Posted 12/4/12 @10:41AM by Tom Lamneth

Very little mention of RUSH bandmates:
Reminds me of the song 'Hand Over Fist' - about shaking hands and his world expanding? ..,just thought I'd share. Great intie.
#23 - Posted 12/3/12 @7:25PM by jaeger [contact]

A great genuine, old-time Neil laugh at 21:19. I miss hearing that expression of joy from him that used to be more common!
#22 - Posted 12/3/12 @7:10PM by jaeger [contact]

the in vis ible click click click click...
#21 - Posted 12/3/12 @4:41PM by hannuFIN [contact]

I think Neil's got a new friend. Great talk radio. Neil like to watch and observe. Just like me, both born in the same month btw ;)
#20 - Posted 12/3/12 @2:05PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

"He's (Alex) your biggest audience"...that's friendship.
#19 - Posted 12/3/12 @4:05AM by oldprogrockfan [contact]

A really sad day the next Rush show will be in 170 days time in Manchester England on May 22nd 2013(have a nice show liver.)
No more A or B set lists for 5 months and 19 days I want to cry!.
Keep finding more information Ed for the best Rush fan site in the world.
And may I be the first to wish you all a Happy Holiday!

Old prog rock fan.
London England.
#18 - Posted 12/3/12 @1:59AM by TARKUS [contact]

#8: Regarding the lessons for future use, I thought of "Wax On, Wax Off" from the old Karate Kid movie!
#17 - Posted 12/2/12 @11:13PM by Driven [contact]

I caught that too! I couldn't believe it.

I time shift on my DVR to watch football because it drives me too crazy to sit through commercials, so I'm a little late.

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3