Monday, November 12, 2012

Vote for Rush in Guitar World 2012 Readers Poll
9:10PM EST | comments (13) |

Guitar World magazine has opened up online voting for their 2012 Readers Poll (thanks Sean). Alex Lifeson is up for the Hall of Fame category, Rush's Clockwork Angels is up for Best Rock Album, and Rush is up for Comeback of the Year (???). So go vote for Rush!

Comments

#13 - Posted 11/13/12 @5:43PM by The_king_will_Neil [contact]

#8 - After putting my computer away last night I thought of something similar - Rush not in for live act. I haven't voted on that yet.

I'd bet if we came up with a single 'write-in' topic (either one) and pushed RIABers/etc, we could blow out that category. :-)
#12 - Posted 11/13/12 @3:37PM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

#12 - I thought we traded Celine to Las Vegas for a bag of marshmallows. We scored big time on that.
#11 - Posted 11/13/12 @1:37PM by michinman [contact]

#10 Agreed. We should also apologize for Celine Dion.
#10 - Posted 11/13/12 @10:47AM by CraigJ [contact]

"Comeback of the Year" Someone needs a dictionary. Guitar World can foff.

#9 - Canada should apologize for Bryan Adams, not Rush.
#9 - Posted 11/13/12 @4:49AM by michinman [contact]

One more comment before I go to bed. I remember not long ago (pre 2010 - hence pre-"Beyond the..." doc.) a major Canadian broadcasting station listed the "Top 10 things Canadians are most embarrassed of" or something to that effect... Guess who was on the list? I bet it was the same station that voted Lifeson #1 as the greatest Canadian guitarist (not sure). Personally, I'm glad RUSH is enjoying some attention as of late (although Peart probably wants to retreat to some uninhabited island after gigs), but the popularity is also a mixed-blessing for some fans. It's true, you shouldn't have to register and pledge an oath of allegiance to a rock band, but at the same time it's nice to know when a fan's interest is genuine and not just a fad.
#8 - Posted 11/13/12 @4:46AM by Shota [contact]

I've just voted for Rush in the Comeback section (among other sections in which voted for them / for Alex.)
Just to make my astonishment heard about this nomination I voted for "Rush nominated in the Comeback section, as they are no Comeback" in the biggest dissapointment section. A bit nerdy I know but I had to do it just to feel better.
#7 - Posted 11/13/12 @4:31AM by michinman [contact]

"Why not just ask folks to enter their choice and tally the largest # of entries." **NOT from a pre-determined list.
#6 - Posted 11/13/12 @4:29AM by michinman [contact]

I voted for shits and giggles (and to support Lifeson and RUSH), but I don't know why these polls have to be multiple choice. I mean Kiss and RUSH? Hmmmm? Why not just ask folks to enter their choice and tally the largest # of entries. The "best of" of Canadian guitarists (earlier last wee) had Alex at #1 which is fine, but Liona Boyd was also on the list. Really? She's a classical musician. These polls mean s*** and are nothing more than a popularity contest. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.
#5 - Posted 11/13/12 @4:02AM by TARKUS [contact]

I think comeback applies to RUSH. Except the poll is 10 years too late!
#4 - Posted 11/13/12 @12:14AM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

RUSH gets my vote tomorrow as the best comeback after a 10 day break !
Take it all in people, you'll be wondering where those 3 glorious hours went way too soon...

Rush FAQ: All That's Left To Know About Rock's Greatest Power Trio