Friday, October 12, 2012

Rush Clockwork Angels tour Philadelphia open thread
1:32PM EST | comments (98) |

UPDATE - 10/16@12:20PM: Rush made the Philadelphia Inquirer's Out and About column today (thanks PhillyMike):

Canadian rockers Rush ate dinner at Red Owl at the new Hotel Monaco Friday night. The band played at the Wells Fargo Center that night.

----- snip -----

UPDATE - 10/13@1:32PM: Here's a photo gallery from the show that was posted over at Cygnus-X1.net.

UPDATE - 10/13@8:46AM: All reports indicate that the Night B setlist was played as expected; complete setlist here. Official photos from the show have been posted at RushShowPhotos.com.

UPDATE - 10/12@9:31PM: It's intermission now and the Night B setlist has been confirmed up through the first set (thanks Dominic N and dingus).

Rush Clockwork Angels 2012 tourRush takes the Clockwork Angels tour to The City of Brotherly Love tonight where they'll play the Wells Fargo Center for stop #14 on the tour. The band is due to play their Night B setlist - the same that was played in Edmonton (*SPOILERS*) a couple weeks ago. If there are any deviations from this setlist I'll be sure to post them here. Here's a short preview blurb from the Philadelphia Weekly's Go See It This Weekend column. For everyone going tonight - have fun, stay safe and be sure to share your reports, reviews, and photos with us. RUSH!!

Date/Time: Friday, October 12th @ 7:30PM
Show Number: 14
Venue: Wells Fargo Center
Place: Philadelphia, PA

gallery: [view] [upload] [YouTube videos]
reviews: [reviews] [setlist]

Comments

Page 1 of 10 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
#98 - Posted 10/15/12 @9:48AM by Dianne [contact]

#5 ProfessorDrums, I was behind you in Sect 112, Row 6, seat 11. I was one of the few girls seen at the concert!
#97 - Posted 10/14/12 @3:32PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

#67...
Hey Kj One of my favorite DVD selections is the soundboard boot from S&A's "Oh Atlanta" Ghost Of A Chance & The Trees are so well executed & recorded, as well as Red Barchetta. I always catch myself nudging the remote volume up into the 12-1:00 O clock range
#96 - Posted 10/14/12 @2:39PM by mbkarapcik [contact]

Facebook page needed for Rush Chicks!
#95 - Posted 10/14/12 @1:46PM by kjbird [contact]

Yes, i'll be on the Toronto thread....later all!
#94 - Posted 10/14/12 @1:45PM by kjbird [contact]

Back to Rush swag- i do have to promote a recent purchase from the Indy show. I picked up the long sleeve black CA "trucker" tour shirt (i read somewhere a lot of the crew wear this shirt, not why i bought it, but a neat factoid) and it's super comfortable and the design is unique and cool. Washes well - only problem is it would be too hot to wear to a concert. I wore my Test for Echo tye-dye short sleeve tshirt and was sweating bullets (cuz i'm a Rushchick that rocks extremely hard). That's why i'm opting for a tank for Cleveland. (I can just hear all the groans from the guys right about now - have to talk about style on a Rush blog-the boys don't care, why should we). Jim, you're right, and you can be sure i'll be wearing a big one that night :)
#93 - Posted 10/14/12 @1:44PM by lisah [contact]

jiminseattle, I'm too old to do anything on youtube. Besides I haven't pulled my drums out of my closet for years. Raising kids, taking care of husband etc... Well maybe one day I'll dust off the Tamas and the Sabians and blow the neighbors doors off!! Maybe I could start a Rush cover band in the retirement home. That would blow the lid off of the place.
#92 - Posted 10/14/12 @1:39PM by lisah [contact]

anyway, Kj, I think your sparkley shirt wil be great. You wear whatever makes you feel like rocking! All that you can do is wish them well. I heard that from the three wisest men that ever rocked this sometimes cruel and cold planet! Sorry, sometimes I just get a little carried away. Anyway, hope that answers your question. talk to all you guys later, hopefully on tonights open thread. Its the closest thing I can get to RUSH until Nov 30.
#91 - Posted 10/14/12 @1:39PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Lisa, let us see a youtube of you drumming....comeowwwwnnnn! I have a few posted with a very few hits but it is fun. Jimbo
#90 - Posted 10/14/12 @1:35PM by kjbird [contact]

#86 - i hear you. When i was getting my wings, those are precisely the songs i listened to back to back FULL VOLUME. Love those 3-in-a-row.

I saw this as an opportunity with so many chicks chiming in to ask the "fashion" questions. Lisa - drummer-awesome! I think most of us Rushchicks can rock our jeans - i'm in my 40's & rock my True Religions as well. To answer a previous post, my hubby isn't a Rush fan :(, but he supports my addiction so can't complain there. My brother is my "Rush partner".
#89 - Posted 10/14/12 @1:28PM by lisah [contact]

Kj, I can't attest to being able to spiral the football, but I do play the drums. I started playing in the band in grade 5. I was the only girl drum player, and I was teased by the other drum players , who were all boys! I'm no pratt, but girls can rock just as good as guys, thank god for womens lib. HA HA! I will be wearing my bright red CA t shirt with a pair of button fly 501 levis . My jeans of choice since 1976. I know that makes me sound old, but I can still rock a pair of jeans. Don't you think that Ged still rocks in his jeans? sexy, for an old guy! HA HA!! Lets meet up later on the Toronto open thread. Its time to ROCK!!!!

Page 1 of 10 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10