Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rush Clockwork Angels tour Indianapolis open thread
1:59PM EST | comments (86) |

UPDATE - 9/14@1:53PM: Here's a big gallery of photos posted over at Cygnus-X1.net.

UPDATE - 9/14@9:23AM: Here's a photo gallery from the Indianapolis Star.

UPDATE - 9/14@6:31AM: Official photos from the show are now posted at RushShowPhotos.com.

UPDATE - 9/13@8:19PM: Reader Mark just sent me a (*SPOILERS*) snapshot of the setlist from the soundbooth at tonight's show and they are indeed following the Night B - version 2 setlist as anticipated.

Rush Clockwork Angels 2012 tourRush's Clockwork Angels tour heads westward to Indianapolis tonight to play the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. It's expected that they'll be playing their version 2.0 B setlist tonight as was reported yesterday, but you never know. I'll be sure to post confirmation of this as I hear it to this thread, so stay tuned. For everyone going to tonight's show, have fun, be safe and be sure to share your reports, reviews, and photos with us. Rush on!!!

Date/Time: Thursday, September 13th @ 7:30PM
Show Number: 4
Venue: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Place: Indianapolis, IN

gallery: [view] [upload] [YouTube videos]
reviews: [reviews] [setlist]

Comments

Page 1 of 9 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#86 - Posted 9/18/12 @1:26AM by random_sample [contact]

#84 -Jupeguy...
Yeah, we are in the same "region", anyway. Our paths might have crossed (among thousands of other people,haha) at Maple Leaf gardens, back during the Power Windows tour. I was 16 when I saw them for the first time on the Power Windows tour, so you are just a few years older than me, since you were 16 for Signals. I actually got hooked on Rush when I was around 14 (roughly around Grace Under Pressure). I forgot to mention I saw them 2 times on either the Presto or Roll the bones tour. I think it was Roll the bones.
I wish I had gone to see them in London, Ont. at the John Labatts on the Snakes and arrows tour, but I couldn't make it.
#85 - Posted 9/17/12 @9:23AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Seems silly that i said "every other show was at...", then I list a few more. I kind of forgot some of those other shows where we saw them in places other than Toronto, my memory is going I think!!
#84 - Posted 9/17/12 @9:19AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Random- Owen Sound it is! For me I have seen every Tour since Signals(I was 16), some twice. My wife and I had a Vegas trip where Rush just happened to be playing at the MGM Grand (weird coincidence huh?), Vapor Trails, and we also had a little mini vacation where we drove to Cayahoga Falls, Ohio and they played a place called the Blossom Music Center or Amphitheatre, that was R30. Every other show has been at Maple Leaf Gardens or Molson Amp. Saw the Roll the Bones Tour at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, and S&A at the JLC in London Ont.
Oh ya I almost forgot the TMT.... We drove to the Palace/Auburn Hills.Free ticket 6th row, so it was worth the drive! I think I'll be at the first show for the CA Tour at the ACC so if you're going maybe we'll bump into each other, have a big beer and shoot the shit about Rush! Later.
#83 - Posted 9/16/12 @7:37PM by random_sample [contact]

#81- Jupeguy----I should have included the last time I saw them, was the ***Snakes and arrows tour***, at Joe Louis Area, Detroit.
#82 - Posted 9/16/12 @7:33PM by random_sample [contact]

#81- Hey, Jupeguy. Actually, as of now , I don't have tickets to see Rush this tour. And to be honest, the last time I saw them was at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. You're right, I am in Windsor, Ontario (I guess I mentioned that on here, before. haha. surprised you remembered). I've seen Rush in Toronto (Maple Leaf gardens ,Power Windows tour - first concert for me) and the rest of the time, I have seen them in the Detroit area ,except once in Columbus ,Ohio as part of a road trip I took my son on, during Rush's Vapor Trails tour (my son's first concert). I've seen Rush every tour since Power Windows ,except the R30 tour and Time Machine tours. Would like to see them at least one more time, before they hang it up.
Yeah, it would be cool to "have a pint" and talk Rush, sometime. Going by your name....you are in Owen Sound, Ont. ?
#81 - Posted 9/16/12 @5:54PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Hi Random, I know you don't like much of CA but are you planning on seeing any stops on this tour? I will be at one of the two nights at the ACC, not sure yet!(long story.....don't ask).You are in Windsor Ont. correct? Detroit show north of you and closest I guess. You seem like the type of person who I would like to have a pint with and discuss Rush with!
#80 - Posted 9/16/12 @1:34PM by random_sample [contact]

Never fails, "Liver" is ready to pounce ,when I make a critical comment. haha.
Actually, yeah, I knew that ..about the african hats keeping sweat out of his eyes. Like Jupeguy said, he played drums for years before ,without wearing them, but who knows.
I think part of what bugs me about them ,is he got into this thing of wearing black t-shirts every show ,with the album logo on them. Same with the african hats. Just seems a little cheesy ,to me. Like a self promotion type thing, maybe. Just seems cheesy to me, for band members to be wearing shirts, hats with their own band's album logo on them. Not a big deal, just a little pet peeve. Flip side to that, though...Alex is dressing alot cooler ,lately. And Geddy almost always looks cool. Sorry to offend you, Liver.
#79 - Posted 9/16/12 @11:45AM by snowdog20 [contact]

I think the hat looks cool. I think they should sell them at the swag counters for 25 bucks apiece They'd certainly make a killing. I know that I'd buy one!
#78 - Posted 9/16/12 @7:40AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

He has stated that he wears the african hat to keep sweat out of his eyes, but how did he do it for so many years when he didn't wear the african hat? Maybe it was something that bothered him and the african hat was the solution...who knows.
#77 - Posted 9/16/12 @4:27AM by Liverpool 78

How do you suggest he keep the sweat out of his eys then?

A towelling head band??

He really would look like cool then wouldn't he???

Liver.