Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rush-inspired fine art digital paintings
5:36PM EST | comments (19) |

[Macrographs: Fine Art Digital Paintings inspired by the works of Rush]

Graham Whieldon is a UK based digital artist who creates limited edition fine art prints inspired by the songs of Rush. He recently launched a website at macrographs.com where you can learn all about his paintings and purchase his prints. So far he has one completed painting for sale; a print inspired by Rush's epic song The Fountain of Lamneth from their Caress of Steel album. Also in the works is a painting inspired by the Rush song Red Barchetta with more to come in the future. You can see previews of his work by visiting the Macrographs website. I've also included some images from the Fountain of Lamneth print which you can view by clicking on the thumbnails above.

Comments

#19 - Posted 10/31/09 @10:52AM by Archimer [contact]

#18 - Katskahnne, that is AWESOME. :D
#18 - Posted 10/30/09 @7:27PM by katskahnne [contact]

#11 - This might not work at that size but...

Yeah, OK, I know, I suck at Photoshop...I need my Mac back, it's got Illustrator!!!
#17 - Posted 10/30/09 @3:22AM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Ahhhh #3... It makes me feel a little musicically wiser to know there is so called fan's out there that cannot comprehend Thee band's 2nd arrangement, w/ Pratt.
Listen to it more often, maybe/hopefully you will get it someday
#16 - Posted 10/29/09 @8:31PM by GRgreg [contact]

Just a quick thank you to RRF for the link. I enjoyed the article.
#15 - Posted 10/29/09 @7:30PM by RushFanForever [contact]

I meant to say Cygnify from the Counterparts Board posted the Paul Northfield interview.
#14 - Posted 10/29/09 @7:23PM by RushFanForever [contact]

This is off topic but there is a new interview with producer Paul Northfield who has worked with Rush, Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater. Cygnus from the Counterparts Board posted this.

#13 - Posted 10/29/09 @7:20PM by JohnnyTRacer [contact]

Cool digital painting! A lot is going on in there. Being a car enthusiast myself, I am also curious to see the Red Barchetta painting. With the way the weather has been here in Portland, OR, I think listening to Caress of Steel would be very appropriate...."The dark and forbidding land"

RUSH ON!
#12 - Posted 10/29/09 @7:14PM by Archimer [contact]

Lookout, guys! I'm an -artist-! :P

#11 - Posted 10/29/09 @3:26PM by rushisaband [contact]

Right- I forgot that Petie didn't like that one! :) It's all in good fun. If anyone wants to photoshop Neil or Alex into a costume, I'd be happy to add them to the Halloween header rotation. :)
#10 - Posted 10/29/09 @3:22PM by hermy [contact]

Ed put up the Halloween colors again....and the Geddy witch!

Petie isn't going to like that.

Rush: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Excellence