Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rush Moving Pictures sighting on Mike and Mike in the Morning
10:07PM EST | comments (28) |

Mike and Mike in the Morning is a sports talk radio show hosted by Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg on ESPN Radio and simulcast as a television broadcast on ESPN2. This morning's show had an '80s theme and they featured various '80s paraphernalia on the set including a copy of Rush's Moving Pictures displayed prominently on their desk right next to Michael Jackson's Thriller. You can check out a screenshot courtesy Power Windows and an ESPN photo (thanks RushFanForever) by clicking on the thumbnails above. Thanks to gravl for the heads up.

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#28 - Posted 7/12/09 @9:44PM by RushFanForever [contact]

On the Mike and Mike 80's Day special, there are two sets of albums laid out at the beginning of the show and after commercial break.

Beginning of the show:

Cyndi Lauper - True Colors

Duran Duran - 1983 Capitol re-release(US), originally 1981.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Journey - Escape

Flashdance Soundtrack

Madonna - Like A Virgin

Motley Crue - Theatre Of Pain

After commercial break:

Cyndi Lauper - True Colors

Duran Duran - 1983 Capitol re-release(US), originally 1981.

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Rush - Moving Pictures

Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In

#27 - Posted 7/9/09 @10:33PM by GedHed [contact]

#22: It's a very fine line, Kelly, if there is one at all. And I wouldn't want my little granddaughter around either. And the fawning press still nauseates me. And I still think I don't have to be in the room to have a pretty good idea of what happened to those kids.
#26 - Posted 7/9/09 @8:54PM by charbaugh [contact]

I have to think Mike Golic was behind that album choice, even though Greenberg seems the nerdier type, and therefore more likely to gravitate towards Rush. As a student of the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, Golic would have probably listened to the same radio station I listened to growing up there at the same time: WAOR (which stood for Album-Oriented-Rock, per the commercials. Anyhow, they played one Zeppelin song and one Rush song every hour, it seemed, and so is responsible for the half of us in the late 70's and early 80's from that area that turned the radio up for Rush and back down for Zeppelin.
#25 - Posted 7/9/09 @11:40AM by Michael Senyo [contact]

#24

Well, we have a good idea about what happened, and its indicated by actions politely described as 'settling out of court'.

I ask pardon of all for extending this thread. This is the last I'll say anything about the subject.

ms
#24 - Posted 7/9/09 @11:18AM by Kelly D [contact]

I don't have kids, but I've worked with them (many of them with special needs) for over 10 years. I'm not saying he should be granted a full reprieve but the fact is, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.
#23 - Posted 7/9/09 @10:02AM by Michael Senyo [contact]

RFF - Stay on!

Kelly D - Do you have any children? If so, perhaps you might understand a bit more clearly some of the positions taken by our intrepid readers.

Hitler was a wonderful public speaker and a dynamic political leader who united a nation.

Gacey, I understand, was one hell of a clown, and rather funny.

Etc.

So, MJ was a record breaking contributor to charities and a "wonderful" father. External displays don't cover or even "heal" defects in personality, no matter what the trendy diagnosed "cause" of such. Jackson's family, who loved him so much, winked at his personal behavior and enabled his drug addiction - and the reasons are obvious to any one with eyes to see.

"Make money, and the whole nation will conspire to call you a gentleman" GB Shaw.

ms
#22 - Posted 7/9/09 @8:53AM by Kelly D [contact]

I think I'm late to post on this one but I gotta get something out:

Pedophiles and child molesters are NOT the same thing. Please do not conflate the two. From what I can tell, Michael Jackson was a severely confused man-child who was robbed of his innocence and youth because of his monstrous father. As a result, he shot to fame for all the wrong reasons- with fame came enablers and people who couldn't tell him to do the right thing.

RFF, I agree with some of your points- please don't feel like you're being singled out. I don't think anyone should judge MJ for what they "think" they know- the truth is, no one knows the truth. I don't quite understand how people think they know what happened when they were separated by thousands of miles and television screens.
#21 - Posted 7/8/09 @10:55PM by GedHed [contact]

Joe's right, at least as it applies to my outburst. I just have a very, very tough time with anyone who hurts little kids. I have a hair-trigger on that one, and I guess that also extends to any hint that anyone is ever defending *anyone* like that. And I didn't think the Alex analogy was fitting at all...

But RushFanForever...you do contribute *lots* of interesting points on this blog. You really do. Hope you'll stay.
#20 - Posted 7/8/09 @10:07PM by Joe

whoa whoa whoa RushFan....I usually just check in here for Rush news and I rarely post, but my first post(#9) was in reposnse to you saying you were "glad" that the Thriller album was alongside Moving Pictures. I wasn't, that's all.

It was your comparing Alex's New Years Eve Arrest to Michael Jackson that got people fired up, not my opinion.

Let's just end it right here. And let's hope this media circus comes to an end soon as well
#19 - Posted 7/8/09 @9:41PM by glortiz [contact]

RushFanForever,

Do not do that. You contribute so much here and you are welcome, more than welcome, trust me. But you hit a sore point that really resonates with some of us and that is important. But more important than that is what we all contribute here. We are all entitled to our opinions and trust me, as a long time member, I have had my slash and burn moments here on RIAB, but I go on. Because of the focus of this blog. It's pretty important to me.

Don't take the weak way out, we want you here. Just understand, as I have, the diverse opinions we share and the focus of this blog, which is the greatest band in the world! Whose integrity is never questioned because of who they are and buddy, I would love to have your Rush bookmarks.

Again, we want you here. Put this man to rest and we move on!

Rush On~