Most Rush fans are aware that the epitome of driving songs - Rush's Red Barchetta - was inspired by a short story titled A Nice Morning Drive - it's right there in the liner notes on Moving Pictures. Originally published in the November 1973 issue of Road and Track magazine, the story was written by Richard S. Foster in 1972 and tells a futuristic tale which involved Modern Safety Vehicles (MSV's) that could damage older, pre-safety-bumper cars without incurring any harm themselves. Foster also happens to be, like Neil Peart, a BMW motorcycle buff. He recently posted a long article to the BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington Message Board where he talks about how he finally got to meet Neil Peart a couple weeks ago after all these years. He went for a bike ride with him and Rush's head of security (and Neil's riding partner) Michael Mosbach between the Bristow and Pittsburgh shows. He also recounts the entire tale of how A Nice Morning Drive came to be, how it inspired Neil Peart and how he finally got around to meeting him. The article is a very interesting read and chock full of great photographs. You will definitely want to check it out for yourself at this link. Many thanks to apoorvag for the heads up.
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Rush 2015 tour
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- Neil Peart Strombo interview
- Geddy Lee NYC appearance
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Alex Lifeson at Golf tournament
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- New video trailer for Rush's R40 40th Anniversary Collectors Box Set Best Buy Completist edition
- 2014 a big year for Rush books
- Alex Lifeson's Little Drummer Boy included on new The Classic Christmas compilation
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- Neil Peart talks Far and Near in new Rock Cellar magazine interview
- 12 Months of Rush: Mercury era Rush albums to release on Blu-ray Audio and vinyl in 2015
- New Neil Peart news update at NeilPeart.net
- Mercury Records to release Blu-ray Audio remaster and vinyl reissue of Fly By Night
- Rush Fly By Night 40th anniversary vinyl release?
- Rushisaband.com redesign is now live!
- Blog Archive >